Author Topic: Burke Pizza Toppings Guide  (Read 10436 times)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Burke Pizza Toppings Guide
« on: June 02, 2009, 04:33:22 PM »
For a long while, Burke Corporation, a privately held company specializing in meat products for pizzas and other applications, made a Pizza Toppings Portion guide available to pizza operators. Then it disappeared or was found elsewhere. In 2007, Burke was acquired by Hormel, and the guide has resurfaced again. It can be accessed, along with other tools, at http://www.burkecorp.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11&Itemid=45&page_template=T3. The Portions Guide itself can be seen at http://www.burkecorp.com/images/stories/pdfs/guides/Pizza%20Toppings%20Guide.pdf.

There is also a recipe section at http://www.burkecorp.com/index.php?option=com_burke_recipe&Itemid=68&page_template=T3 for pizzas and other items.

Peter
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 05:17:28 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline rahaaland

Re: Burke Pizza Toppings Guide
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 05:36:59 PM »
We spent a lot of time this year redesigning our website to make it as much of a resource as possible.

We added:
  • A recipe database which is searchable by Menu Type, Menu Part and Type of Meat (BurkeCorp.com/Recipes)
  • Some of our old newsletters available for download and a signup to be on the mailing list if you're interested (BurkeCorp.com/Newsletter)
  • A jampacked page of tools and resources (BurkeCorp.com/Tools) for operators including:
    • Profitability Calculators - to help calculate how your choice of ingredients affect your bottom line
    • Meat topping terminology & sizing guide
    • Pizza Topping Portion Guide - a great place to start when trying to decide how much of an ingredient to add to a pizza
    • POSitive Promotions - a Point-of-sale flyer generator where you can add your own logo and information
    • A link to our sponsored Guide to Fully Cooked Meats on FastCasual.com
    • A link to our sponsored Guide to Pizza Toppings on PizzaMarketplace.com
  • And, of course, detailed information about each of our products including a full product listing, menu ideas and catalog downloads (BurkeCorp.com/Products)

We hope that this information is helpful. Sorry the links don't work.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 05:46:55 PM »
Rachel,

New members can post links after five posts. This is an anti-spamming measure adopted by the forum. Members should be able to access the various features at the new Burke website using my links.

Peter
(Moderator)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 05:48:35 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 07:05:15 PM »
Peter,
I found this Pizza Toppings, Portion Guide helpful.  I also think some of the recipes look good.  Maybe this could give me some ideas of what I can do with my pizza.  I do purchase Hormel Sausage for my pizza.
Thanks for the links.
Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline CaptSammy

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 08:26:56 PM »
Great site. Lots of good info

pizzapan