Author Topic: Re: Dough Problem  (Read 811 times)

Offline scone919

Re: Dough Problem
« on: July 27, 2009, 06:06:10 PM »
my recipe for 25 lbs is6 oz salt 9.6oz sugar and 13.8 lbs water. As you no a pizza shop is usually hoty so to bring the temp down you need to add temp inside temp of flour and add 15 for mixer subtract from 240 and this is your temp of dough but what i do to bring the temp down is use ice in the water add all dry ingridients then water then yeast because u dont want yeast to touch the salt. But my problem is unless the dough fully rizes to above the pan it is limp and i cant figure out why any help here. we cook at 450 degrees i use 6 oz of yeast i mix it for 15 to 20 minutes and use the window pane test i then baal them up at 1 3/4 lb balls for a 17 in pane with a 1 in lip on pane to make a thick pizza they go in the cooler till next day
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 06:58:24 PM by scone919 »

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Dough Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 06:39:06 PM »
scone919,

I believe you forgot the yeast. It sounds like you are using IDY.

Can you tell us how you manage the dough once it comes out of the mixer, and also what kind of pizza you are making using the pans? And, how much dough are you using to make the pizzas, and what are the sizes of the pizzas?

You might also want to register and post your questions at the PMQ Think Tank at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewforum.php?f=6. That is a forum where professional pizza operators visit.

Peter

pizzapan