Author Topic: Google Maps API  (Read 856 times)

Offline rahaaland

Google Maps API
« on: June 17, 2009, 10:34:23 AM »
I got this idea after reading the "Midwestern Pizza Pilgrimage" post. Are there any custom Google Maps or Google Map API to show all of the independent pizzerias in an area? It would be nice when traveling to see the selection of local pizzerias.

The Google Map API info is here if you aren't sure what I'm talking about: http: //code.google.com/apis/maps/

Offline Mad_Ernie

Re: Google Maps API
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 11:35:09 AM »
Rahaaland:

As a matter of fact, in planning the pizza pilgrimage, I used Google maps to find out what pizza restaurants were in a given city or town.  But all I did was go to the maps page for Google, type in "Pizza" and "[city], [state]".  That brought me the results I wanted.  Then I could go to a regular Google search, type in the actual restaurant name with the city and state names to see a) if they had a personal website, and b) any comments others might have made about a restaurant's pizza.  I don't know that you could make it any simpler than that.  Btw, sometimes I took certain comments with grains of salt depending on what was being said.  And a restaurant not having a website was not a deterrent.  Almost none of the pizza places in Dixon, IL had a personal website, except the chains.
Let them eat pizza.

pizzapan