Author Topic: Just who is Pete-zza  (Read 11121 times)

Offline edbloom

Re: Just who is Pete-zza
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2010, 02:05:52 PM »
i think wizziebaldwin captured the incredible gratitude I would also like to thank Pete-zza for the incredible level of detail that he puts into this forum.

I physically do not know how you do it (and I've read your explanations about how you do it but I still can't imagine where you get the time!)

Here are my thoughts...

Pete-zza is a kind and generous soul with a big heart; no strike that; a huge heart that has (as do most of us on this forum) a passion for Pizza that knows no bounds.

He has, at the heart of it, a personality that embodies a sense of curiosity and wonderment regarding this simple yet complex thing we call pizza. After all, pizza in its purest state, it's just dough, tomatoes and cheese ... an yet, with its infinite variations it becomes a Universe unto itself.

Pete-zza happens to be one of the more prolific explorers of this Pizza Universe and as an explorer, his life long mission is to explore strange new realms of this Pizza Universe; to seek out new techniques and new Pizzas; to boldly go where no man/women, or very few of them, has gone before.

I've read many of his posts. Always friendly, always concerned for the positive outcome ... and the sheer amount of information that he's presented would fill several books. His posts are not tiny wisps of "More bench flour." but long dissertations with the "why" things are done. He reads and comprehends the questions and asks intelligent questions to make sure that he's got a handle on what a problem might be.

This is a rarity. Most people skim the question and give an answer that is only partially relevant.

That is the mark of an outstanding, excellent teacher and mentor.

IF we're going to clone anything, I wish our world could have a few more Pete-zza's in it.

This world would be a much friendlier and beautiful place to live.

I think I speak for all of the pizza enthusiasts that frequent this forum when I say thanks Pete, for all the incredible effort, time, expertise and love that you have shown all of us.

And thanks to everyone else that contributes their time and energy to make this one crazy, zany over the top resource called Pizza Making for what we love to eat the most: PIZZA!

Ahem ... now about my fee for this outstanding character reference, you  can send ... just kidding  ;D

Offline pizzablogger

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2010, 12:51:35 PM »
Hi Peter.  :D
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2010, 12:55:28 PM »
Kelly,

LOL. You're dangerous  :-D.

Peter

Offline new2dough

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2010, 09:13:04 AM »
Pete-zza is an amazing guy, possessing a wealth of information and always is happy to share it with everyone!  :pizza:
Thanks Pete!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2010, 09:54:49 AM »
Pete-zza is an amazing guy, possessing a wealth of information and always is happy to share it with everyone!  :pizza:
Thanks Pete!

new2dough,

I try not to use posts just to say thank you, but I would like you and everyone else to know that I do appreciate the kind expressions that are sent my way.

Peter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2010, 12:27:50 PM »
Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Jose L. Piedra

• Ebeddu e cavuru, e beddu davveru!
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2010, 12:49:42 PM »
Just who is Pete-zza? The artist's conceptions in posts 41 and 45 suggest two divergent possibilities:

-a shadowy and rather sinister secret agent in the employ of some international conspiracy- quite possibly the same entity that ran The Village as depicted in the TV series, The Prisoner (which we can now reasonably suspect to be an international food-producer's cartel of some sort).

-a much more benevolent-looking cross between an engineer and an evangelist, preaching the true Gospel of pizza.

So a theoretical question of urgent relevance here is: which of the two conceptions- evil Pete-zza v. saintly Pete-zza- corresponds to the facts?

JLP
Scarsu d'ogghiu, e riccu di provolazzu ::)

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2010, 12:58:24 AM »
I think it is a pizza bot, Turing's finest.

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2010, 04:42:03 PM »
I think it's pretty clear that Peter is either a chemist or a physicist. He is obviously very analytical and approaches pizza-making from a scientific point of view, paying very close attention to the smallest details in math, measurements, and documentation. If you read his posts about pizzas he's made, they bear quite a resemblance to scientific journals, which I think is awesome because his information is verifiable and can easily be reproduced. He's organized, too, like a scientist. Man, I could go on and on.

If he's not a scientist, he always wanted to be. (My guess, though, is that he is a scientist who always wanted to be a pizza guy.)

Offline IEatPizzaByThePie

• ohaipizza OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM OM NOM NOM
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2011, 05:29:56 AM »
Pete has helped me more times than I can count. His logical and scientific way of thinking results in the best pizza recipes I have ever tried.

Here's a personal 'thank you' from me to you, Pete!
"I looked at the serving size: two slices. Who the hell eats two slices? I eat pizza by the pie! Two pies is a serving size!!"