Author Topic: Just who is Pete-zza  (Read 11111 times)

Offline smarttowers

Just who is Pete-zza
« on: June 17, 2009, 01:11:38 PM »
Ok we have a Pete-zza appreciation thread and the masked man refuses to reveal his true identity. So in all things humorous I think we should all post who we believe Pete-zza to be in real life.

First no obvious super hero like Pizza Man.

My thought is he's batman and when taking time from fighting off the evil advances of catwoman he spends his time making pizza in his mansion.

Offline ThunderStik

Re: Just who is Pete-zza
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 01:26:14 PM »
In all honesty, I think he is well off person we may recognize. I thought this before the appreciation thread. He seemingly has impossible amouts of time to spend here helping us half-wits figure out how to make pizza and still has time to reasearch all aspect of every ingredient that could go into a pizza. Not to mention all the different techniques.

On top of that he still has time to actually make and eat pizza.

Or he is a retired well off grandfather who has a passion for pie and the time to do all this stuff.

Whoever he is I would like to buy him a beer and have a slice with him. I owe him that much.
I KNOW MORE ABOUT PIZZA THAN ANYBODY!!!!!!!

(in my house)

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 01:31:40 PM »
Whoever he is I would like to buy him a beer and have a slice with him. I owe him that much.

If my last name were Rockefeller, I'd buy him a brewery and the entire Papa John's enterprise.  ;D
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline Mad_Ernie

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 01:45:12 PM »
Petezza not only is a saint, he is THE Saint.  ;D
Let them eat pizza.

Offline Chef_Boy-R-Dee

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 04:10:26 PM »
Didn't want to say anything...but....
"Simplicity is Complexity Resolved"

-Constantin Brancusi

Offline AZ-Buckeye

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 04:27:01 PM »
or .. since he does live in Texas and apparently has a lot of time on his hands, perhaps its ---

Offline PizzaHog

• Heat matters!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 02:04:04 PM »
When I first read this thread I laughed out loud!  (Good thing Pete-zza is good natured with a sense of humor)  So I had to get in on it, but my research has not revealed much.  Just these childhood photos of Peter.  Rumor also has it that's Red.November with Peter in the group shot.  Guess that explains a few things...

Offline Jblakeslee

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 10:59:23 AM »
He is Peter Reinhart?

Offline Garlic head

• I need Garlic to survive
    • WKevin.com
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 11:09:39 AM »
He is Peter Reinhart?
No, he is not.

Offline November

• Come for the food. Stay for the science.
    • Uncle Salmon

Online widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 11:02:42 PM »
Pete bought me pizza one night,  it was great to meet him,  and I will never forget it. :)  still wondering if he will come up to NH for some brick oven work -marc

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 12:20:26 AM »
Didn't want to say anything...but....

The crumb on the pie Obama is eating looks like a loaf of bread...
Pizza is not bread.

Offline malvanova

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 08:50:09 AM »
there you go ( DENSE ) hahahahah thats very ironic

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 09:35:58 AM »
Pete has to be a man with a background in math and the sciences, very well is or was a teacher at some point. Maybe had a relative, perhaps father or uncle who was in the baking/pizza making business. I'm guessing middle aged to slightly older (45-55), perhaps was fortunate enough to be able to retire at an early age. Wouldn't be surprised if he did some consulting work for one or more of the bigger pizza chains.  That's my guess and that's all it is.Show yourself Pete, we want to meet you.

brayshaw

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 09:56:00 AM »
All good guesses...Come on Peter reveal yourself..lol
I think Peter is a cyborg from the future.

By being so secretive, you are just whipping us into a frenzy ever more Peter.
Reveal yourself man! :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 10:28:04 AM by brayshaw »

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 02:01:45 AM »
Pete, I have a question for you. I see you cloning this and that and helping people formulate doughs, so, what is your favorite style of pizza and what is your recipe for your own dough? Pick your go-to pie, the one you would use to most impress.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 03:20:51 PM »
Pete, I have a question for you. I see you cloning this and that and helping people formulate doughs, so, what is your favorite style of pizza and what is your recipe for your own dough? Pick your go-to pie, the one you would use to most impress.

dmcavanagh,

I get asked from time to time, including through many PMs, about my favorite pizza. Before your last post, I believe the last time I was asked that question on the open forum was by Norma. I posted my answer in the last paragraph of Reply 290 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,11044.msg102325/topicseen.html#msg102325. In rethinking that answer, I might add that I tend to prefer pizzas with crusts with little char, and I like pizzas that reheat well since I rarely eat more than a couple of slices of any pizza I make. A good candidate on both scores happens to be another clone pizza--the Papa Gino's clone pizzas such as described at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,8167.msg70317.html#msg70317, with a good example at Reply 79 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,8167.msg71404.html#msg71404. Since every pizza I have ever made in my home, and about which I have written on this forum, has been in a standard unmodified Whirlpool electric oven (now over 20 years old), I will be limited in the range of pizzas I can make and some of the characteristics of those pizzas. However, I am perfectly content with that arrangement although I might consider using a soapstone at some point and also playing around with my oven to come up with other possible bake configurations.

I don't recall ever trying to impress anyone with my pizzas although I did once spontaneously make a pizza with eggs on it at a pizza party that impressed the guests who ate that pizza. However, if I were to try to impress someone it might be with an 18" pizza. An 18" pizza always impresses me with its sheer size. I would be even more impressed if I could make an even larger pizza but 18" is the max my oven will allow. 

BTW, I looked at your speculation in Reply 13 above, and of the six statements you made, two are correct. Before you joined the forum, I mentioned that not even the closest members of my family other than my son and his family even know that I am on this forum, plus a couple of friends who have no interest in pizzas other than eating them. Except for a few members of the forum that I have met in person, I usually don't discuss pizza with the other friends, and they don't visit the forum. I am also on record as never having worked in the pizza field, in any capacity. I am just a home pizza hobbyist. As you might imagine, I am not a Facebook or My Space member or candidate :-D.

Peter

brayshaw

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 03:32:10 PM »
Peter, may I ask if you have ever worked in any type of food related business?

Paul

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 03:33:09 PM »
I'd like to think of Peter as "Mr. Data" from the Star Trek series, minus the pale face, though, when it comes to pizza.

He's the living personification of a walking pizza-lexicon/encyclopedia. That's all I need to know and I'm glad he's here.

;D
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

brayshaw

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 03:42:34 PM »

I think the greatest pizza minds in the world got together over a few pies and created an all knowing  futuristic droid called 'Pete-zza'.

pizzapan