Author Topic: Has anyone ever tasted Cesari's Pizza at Knoebel's Amusement Park?  (Read 9062 times)

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Has anyone every tasted Cesari's Pizza at Knoebel's Amusement Park?  It is located in Elysburg, Pa.  They have been voted the best Amusement Park Pizza for many years.  I haven't been there for about 5 years, but I remember how great the pizza was.  Does anyone have information or pictures of the pizza?  If anyone has tasted the pizza, could you tell me what kind of pizza you thought it was?  As I remember it was a NY Style.  Knoebel's is a very old-fashioned Amusement Park, with no admission, cheap prices, great food, and many trees.  They even have a Carousel that you can try and catch the brass ring.
Thank you in advance for looking at this post.  :)
Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: Has anyone ever tasted Cesari's Pizza at Knoebel's Amusement Park?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 02:04:13 PM »
Picture of pizza.

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 02:05:42 PM »
Front of Cesari's Pizza

Offline Kemosa

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 03:17:20 PM »
Hi Norma,

I went to school at Bloomsburg U back in the 80's not too far from Knoebels (now live 15 miles south of Allentown), and yes the pizza is really good.  I remember the first time I tried it, I was shocked how good it was coming from within an amusement park.  You got it, thin crust, NY style.

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 05:51:33 PM »
Kemosa,
Thanks for answering.  I think I'll have to go there this summer and try the pizza, again.  I used to go there every year and think I can remember that is one of my most memorable pizzas. 
Norma

Offline briseman

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 07:31:02 PM »
My family and I have been going to Knoebels since I was a like 1 or something... We go up every summer to continue the tradition with my daughter.  I actually remember Knoebels without Cesari's...

I often stated that this pie was the best I had ever tasted, and I'd still go with that especially in the late 90's / early 2000's... My brother and I have noted that the past couple years the pizza has changed slightly though we can't put our finger on it... they do have a number of kids back there making pies so perhaps its a human factor, though my cousin believes they have changed the recipe.

Cesari's produces a number of pizza-like offerings including some Sicilian and calzones... but stick with the plain / classic marguerita and you will enjoy... the dough is crisp, but chewy, the sauce is memorable, and the cheese is great.

Highly recommended even though it may have slipped a notch or two on my list in the past couple years.

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 08:21:19 PM »
briseman,

I thought I would get to Knoebel's this year, but didn't make it there.  I haven't been there for about 5 years.  I thought the pizza at Cesari's was delicious the last time I was there. 

Thanks for letting me know about your experience with Cesari's pizza,

Norma

Offline Ketch

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 10:49:34 PM »
Hi Norma! I seen your question on here and just thought Id write a little something.Its been a fgew years sence my family and I have been there, but can still remember just how great the taco pizza was there. I just was watching thr food network and they had a what to eat at parks. Low and behold this was the best place to eat on the shoiw. I LOVEEEEEE Kanobbles and am plaining on going back down there this summer!
Ketch from upstate New York

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 11:16:58 PM »
Hi Norma! I seen your question on here and just thought Id write a little something.Its been a fgew years sence my family and I have been there, but can still remember just how great the taco pizza was there. I just was watching thr food network and they had a what to eat at parks. Low and behold this was the best place to eat on the shoiw. I LOVEEEEEE Kanobbles and am plaining on going back down there this summer!
Ketch from upstate New York

Ketch,

Thanks for posting about your experiences at Cesariís at Knoebelís Amusement Park.  :)  I would still like to be able to know how they make their pizzas.  I have learned more things about how pizzas are made now.  If I get a chance to go to Cesariís this year, I might be able to find more information on how they make their pizzas.  It you get to go this summer would you take some pictures if you have time?  I would appreciate anything you could tell me about those yummy pizzas.

Norma

Offline Ketch

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 11:05:52 PM »
Norma, it would be my pleasure to take some pictures for you  ;) I visited the website today and see they are opening a new ride so most likely will be going! Cant beat great food,great rides and friendly people!! Who knows,maybe bump into you in the pizza line...LOL!!!

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 11:54:13 PM »
Norma, it would be my pleasure to take some pictures for you  ;) I visited the website today and see they are opening a new ride so most likely will be going! Cant beat great food,great rides and friendly people!! Who knows,maybe bump into you in the pizza line...LOL!!!

Ketch,

I really love Knoebelís Amusement Park.  My favorite ride is the roller coaster.  I love the way that roller coaster at Knoebelís lifts you out of your seat.  I agree Knoebelsís does have great food, friendly people, great rides, and great pizza. I also like how you donít have to pay anything to get into the park and the shade trees. Knoebelís is a beautiful old-fashioned park.  Hopefully I will be able to visit Knoebelís this summer. It would be nice to bump into you in the pizza line.  If I get to go again this year I would try to ask what kind of flour they are using and other questions since I know more about pizza.  I would really be interested in seeing what their dough balls look like. 

I appreciate you are willing to take some pictures of the Cesariís Pizza.   :)

Norma

Offline Ketch

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 01:02:34 PM »
I also enjoy the coasters there. I do hope you get the chance to visit the park as well as I hope to! From what I seen that night on the tv, the balls looked normal. Very thin when rolled. I really think the "secret" is in what sauce they use. I know this,the more we talk about it the more I want a slice of one  ;D
David aka Ketch
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 01:04:19 PM by Ketch »

Offline jever4321

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 10:01:48 PM »
Ketch,

Thanks for posting about your experiences at Cesariís at Knoebelís Amusement Park.  :)  I would still like to be able to know how they make their pizzas.  I have learned more things about how pizzas are made now.  If I get a chance to go to Cesariís this year, I might be able to find more information on how they make their pizzas.  It you get to go this summer would you take some pictures if you have time?  I would appreciate anything you could tell me about those yummy pizzas.

Norma
When you ask the kid behind the counter if you could see his dough balls, I would really emphasize the word dough, or just ask if you could see the raw dough, and just leave the word "balls" out of it entirely. :-D

Oops, I quoted the wrong Norma post. You know what I mean... :-[
-Jay

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 10:11:44 PM »
jever4321,

I know what you mean.  You made me chuckle.   :-D  I think Cesari's might make their dough (or dough balls) at another pizza business that they have.  I am not sure of that though.  If I get to visit Knoebel's this year, I will try and check things out.  I would really like to taste Cesari's pizza again to see if I really like it now.  The last time I was at Knoebel's, I didn't know how to make pizza.   8)

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 10:35:45 PM »
If anyone is interested, I did visit Knoebels Amusement Park today and ate Cesariís Pizza.  My one daughter, granddaughter,  great-granddaughter and I all went to Knoebels.  Knoebels amusement park is an old-fashioned amusement park with a lot of great food.  It also is Americaís largest free amusement park, where it doesnít cost anything to get in or park.  I wanted to go and taste Cesariís pizza again and also go on the two roller coasters they have at the park.  I did get to eat Cesariís pizza and also rode on the two roller coasters.

These are some of the pictures traveling to Knoebels from where I live, also pictures of Cesariís and a video of a pieman opening a dough ball.  There also are blacksmiths at the amusement park and an old engine that cuts wood.  I donít know if anyone is interested in the other pictures from Knoebels of what they have to offer, but I did include some of the pictures I took today.

Video of pieman opening a dough ball.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqXoX5hzK_Q" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqXoX5hzK_Q</a>

Norma
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:55:42 PM by norma427 »

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 10:39:23 PM »
Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 10:41:10 PM »
Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 10:43:07 PM »
Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 10:45:50 PM »
Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 10:48:20 PM »
Norma