Author Topic: Arni's in Lafayette, IN  (Read 1122 times)

Offline ihavezippers

• I Love Pizza!
Arni's in Lafayette, IN
« on: June 22, 2009, 07:09:00 AM »
Anyone familiar with this place?  Great thin crust pizza...since its in the shadown of Chicago, it may have been overlooked by many. 

Anyways, just ate there this weekend after a couple years hiatus of visiting them, and it was still the same quality as it has always been.  If anyone else is familiar with them, do you have any ideas what they are using in their sauce?  It has a special bite to it that I couldn't put my finger on.  I know they shred pepperoni chunks up, which partly attributes to that special Arni's taste, but there is something else they are using the sauce.  I saw very green particles of something which seemed to be the culprit, so I'm guessing it is fresh, whatever it is (ie, not dehydrated).

Offline Mad_Ernie

Re: Arni's in Lafayette, IN
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 09:16:38 AM »
Could it be green pepper?
Let them eat pizza.

Offline Davydd

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 06:19:22 PM »
Would they be using fresh chopped basil in the sauce? That's what I put in my sauces and that's what gives my sauces the most distinct taste.
Davydd

Offline ihavezippers

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 09:14:13 PM »
Don't think its green peppers...might be fresh basil.  Its a taste I recognized, but it was stronger than I'm used to, so its probably fresh basil, oregano, marjorum, etc...