Author Topic: Thermocool MR 128  (Read 4019 times)

Offline Villa Roma

• In search of the ever elusive leopard spots!
Thermocool MR 128
« on: July 01, 2008, 01:43:19 AM »

Offline November

• Come for the food. Stay for the science.
    • Uncle Salmon
Re: Thermocool MR 128
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 01:48:51 AM »
It looks like there is a new kid on the block. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_k?url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field-keywords=ThermoKool+MR-128+&x=15&y=14&tag=pizzamaking-20

No.  The MR-128 has been around for as long as the MR-138 has.  It's just a smaller, more limited model.

EDIT: In fact, it's almost useless to the home pizza maker unless the home pizza maker is lacking a refrigerator.

Offline Villa Roma

• In search of the ever elusive leopard spots!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 02:12:31 AM »
No.  The MR-128 has been around for as long as the MR-138 has.  It's just a smaller, more limited model.

EDIT: In fact, it's almost useless to the home pizza maker unless the home pizza maker is lacking a refrigerator.

Thanks for the correction. Any idea if and when the MR 138 will become available again? It seems to be back ordered everywhere.

Villa Roma

Offline November

• Uncle Salmon
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 02:24:44 AM »
Any idea if and when the MR 138 will become available again? It seems to be back ordered everywhere.

I don't know when they will be available again.  That's the big question for a lot of people.  I've even contemplated starting a business with a product line consisting of just Peltier climate-controlled units to meet the demand.

Offline jiaohuade

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 01:22:39 AM »
The last couple weeks I've actually been going back and forth between deciding to go ahead and purchase the 138 or just stick with my oven light.

Anyway, the reason for my post is that according to this website they have the 138 in stock (Sorry, I didn't realize I couldn't post links as I'm new to the site, if you want to find it google Park Avenue Electronics or eKitchen Gadgets)

One thing I need to mention is that the product there is labeled the Princess MR138, but it appears to be identical to the ThermoKool 138 that Bill/SFNM pictured in the thread ThermoKool 138 , but if anyone does inquire about the Princess, I'd be interested to hear any confirmation that they are indeed the same product.

Offline November

• Uncle Salmon
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 01:45:05 AM »
if you want to find it google Park Avenue Electronics or eKitchen Gadgets)

Both retailers have been discussed on this forum:
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,5058.msg58988.html#msg58988
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,6759.msg58623.html#msg58623

One thing I need to mention is that the product there is labeled the Princess MR138, but it appears to be identical to the ThermoKool 138 that Bill/SFNM pictured in the thread ThermoKool 138 , but if anyone does inquire about the Princess, I'd be interested to hear any confirmation that they are indeed the same product.

Princess International Inc. is the distributor.  ThermoKool is the brand name.  The products are one in the same.

Offline jiaohuade

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 06:20:18 PM »
November,

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'll have to look elsewhere.

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 08:43:43 PM »
There might be a better place for this post but I m not sure.  Just picked up a MR148 for 96 dollars shipped.  Lets just hope its an order that will be fufilled.  Might be a little big,  but hey,  I think it will come in very handy.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F7H4RY/?tag=pizzamaking-20
-marc