Author Topic: Mixer and Dough Type  (Read 3734 times)

Offline s00da

Re: Mixer and Dough Type
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 05:34:42 PM »
Pete, Saad, I missed your question about minimum capacity.  I think B.E. is right about 2 #'s  I have not done a small batch lately, on the other hand,  I just did an 8# batch saturday morning in the stainless bowl,  came out great,  and the mixer had no problem with it at all,  could probably go to ten if I wanted.  I took some video of it and may post it on you tube if anyone is interested.  -marc

Marc, I visited the Bosch dealer where I live since it's the only mixer available to me locally among the three (Santos, DLX and Bosch). It turns out that the model you have is not supplied to our region but there was a different similar model. It's model number is Bosch MUM7300 (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spar-momsen.dk%2Fshop%2Fbosch-mum-7300-1607p.html&sl=da&tl=en&hl=EN&ie=UTF-8) and as you can see from the picture is consists of only the bowl which is fine by me. What's cool about it is that's it's stainless steel, I was turned down by the Bosch cuz of plastic but now the situation is different. Now if I buy this Bosch mixer, I will get support for it and warranty, it's on sale! $339  ;D and it satisfies my stainless steel addiction. I'm not sure though if it can perform the same as the one you have but looking at the specs, it looks similar.

Below is an image of it, there are 2 attachments. A whisk and a dough hook. Is this hook similar to the one you have on your Bosch mixer?

Saad
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 05:37:22 PM by s00da »

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 06:39:27 PM »
Saad,  they are quite a bit different.  You can see my bowls here.

http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/bosch_universal.aspx

That being said,  I doubt they redesigned it to perform worse.  That hook looks like it could be very effective.  I would give it a shot if I were you.  Besides if you dont like it you could bring it back like I did with my Kitchen Aid a few years back.  I'd love to see what you think of the new model too.

Offline s00da

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 11:06:21 AM »
Unfortunately this isn't a newer model. It's just a model designated for the region. I worry that the dough hook difference will result in very different results.

This is for fun, I found this video during my search of mixers

Saad

Offline s00da

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 03:15:16 PM »
Pete, Saad, I missed your question about minimum capacity.  I think B.E. is right about 2 #'s  I have not done a small batch lately, on the other hand,  I just did an 8# batch saturday morning in the stainless bowl,  came out great,  and the mixer had no problem with it at all,  could probably go to ten if I wanted.  I took some video of it and may post it on you tube if anyone is interested.  -marc

How did I forget to ask you to share those videos?  :P

Yes please, I would like to see how the finished dough looks like!

Saad

pizzapan