Author Topic: Forno Napoletano vs Unoforno  (Read 4984 times)

Offline wannamakepizza

Forno Napoletano vs Unoforno
« on: July 19, 2009, 08:19:55 AM »
Looking to start a pizza biz and wanted to see if anyone had dealt with either of the above companies? Unoforno has sent a few emails but response time very very slow & Forno Nap won't even response to my emails (I know they are still around cause I just visited 1 of the restuarnt that have there oven in place).
Big $ to get started with this oven and concerned if they are legit.

Offline PETE

Re: Forno Napoletano vs Unoforno
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 04:06:52 AM »
Both are fine ovens handbuilt in Naples, Uno Forno represents SF Allestimenti.  I researched many Neapolitan ovens from Italy, and for the most part they are all high quailty.  You are not going to get some kind of guarante from them as you might from Woodstone or Earthsone.  The people I have dealt with at Stefano Ferrara  (his wife Francesa) are the best.  And they are the only true Neapolitan oven that is certified UL in the U.S.

Offline wannamakepizza

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 10:39:55 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, do you own 1 now? Is Unoforno the only unit UL approved, not sure if that really matters, but I could be wrong. I just rec'd info from Marco at FOrno Nap and look forward to discussing differences, if any. I know no guarantee, but look to the experts on this forum to provide some feedback.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:13:04 AM »
Is Unoforno the only unit UL approved, not sure if that really matters, but I could be wrong.
UL could be very important depending on your local building/food safety codes. You should also check with your local environmental agency; some jurisdictions have very tight restrictions on anything that burns wood.

Offline Maestro Pizzaiolo

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 04:16:29 PM »
Looking to start a pizza biz and wanted to see if anyone had dealt with either of the above companies? Unoforno has sent a few emails but response time very very slow & Forno Nap won't even response to my emails (I know they are still around cause I just visited 1 of the restuarnt that have there oven in place).
Big $ to get started with this oven and concerned if they are legit.
Not sure if this post is still active or not but it is my favorite subject... what to do.... what to do... There are some awesome ovens from Naples making it to the US and most are really good quality.. My vote would be the Acunto Oven... Its a five generation company with some great ovens... They also have double oven options that most others do not have.. All made in Naples Italy.  The local distributer is Forno Autentico.  Check them out at fornoautentico.com
You are going to love the Acunto ovens... they are top of the line...  My hats off to you for keeping your pizzaria authentic....
 :chef: :pizza:

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 05:15:42 PM »
I hope I can get an answer, since i realize this is an old thread.

I pulled up the ACUNTO site as was as the Forno autentico....are you certain they deal with the same ovens??

Thanks

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 05:58:14 PM »
Forno Authentico sells the Mario Acunto ovens like mine, the oven at Forcella, Olio Pizza e Piu, etc., in the US.

There is also a Gianni Acunto (brother to Mario I believe). The oven at Motorino EV is such. I don't know who, if anyone, sells them in the US.

CL
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Barry

• Pizza Passion Perserverance
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 10:15:55 AM »
Roberto Caporuscio of Keste in NYC recommends the Gianni Acunto oven.

He is installing the same in his new pizzeria - Don Antonio on 50th street. This should be open in the next few weeks, if not already.

Kind regards

Barry in Cape Town.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 05:27:43 PM »
He showed us pictures of the oven during our tour trip looks nice!!  but at least a few week out I think.
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

pizzapan