Author Topic: First "Sicilian" Attempt. Hmnnnn..  (Read 6361 times)

Offline Jack

• Pizza; it's what's for dinner, breakfast........
Re: First "Sicilian" Attempt. Hmnnnn..
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 12:26:58 PM »
Peter,

Sorry for my slow response.  Also I apologize for my fading memory.  Youíll notice a difference between what I posted here and above.  Since Iíve just been making fine adjustments, I have not gone back to look at my bakerís percents.  I just pencil in the changes on the paper I keep in the kitchen drawer.

Following are my dough details.  I use a 17x12x 2 inch pan.

Flour   100.00%
Water   70.00%
IDY   0.50%
Salt   1.75%
Sugar   1.75%
Oil   4.00%

Note:  I always use half whole wheat and half bread flour, which probably helps absorb some of the water.

There is often a slight adjustment of the dough at the end because I prefer to use KA flours, but canít always get it, so I often use Fairhaven flours http://www.fairhavenflour.com/, but sometimes Iíve used Gold Medal Bread Flour in the mix. Three very different flours require adjusting on the fly.  Itís a sticky dough that I roll to fit the pan.  I usually have about 50g of olive oil in the pan before adding the dough, so it puddles in the corners and helps keep the dough from sticking during the pre-bake as well as providing a nice crunchy curst.

I sprinkle Italian seasoning on the par baked dough, and add Broccoli if I am using it, then cover with cheese and dollops/;medallions of sauce, add minced garlic, onions, etc. on top.  I add the Broccoli under the cheese to keep it from burning.  Itís precooked and wrapped in paper towels to get some of the moisture out.

Jack

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: First "Sicilian" Attempt. Hmnnnn..
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009, 01:48:36 PM »
Jack,

Thank you very much.

Peter

pizzapan