Author Topic: Elio's Pizza  (Read 4497 times)

Offline Pizza_Not_War

Elio's Pizza
« on: July 20, 2008, 01:29:10 PM »
I grew up eating Elio's Pizza in NY. This local mom & pop store spawned Elio's frozen pizza which was unlike the real deal that they served locally. One of his employee's took the concept into a rectangular pizza and I don't remember if Nick (owner) sold it to the employee or they partnered originally. Eventually it was sold to a big company and quite frankly I found it to be inedible. When we lived in SF I had them Fedex some frozen locally made pies to us and they were wonderful.

I don't remember enough about the pizza to clone it, if anyone else is familiar with it I would sure like to hear their thoughts. I was last at Elio's about five years ago, as a 3000 mile trip is a bit much for me to go often. The pizza was a good as I remember. He was way ahead of his time with things like Hamburger pizza, Whole Wheat spinach pizza, etc.

PNW

Offline CCinNJ

Re: Elio's Pizza
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 11:47:32 AM »
My kids enjoy Shoprite brand, over Elio's. I think because SR's has somewhat of a crust.

Offline yaddayaddayadda

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 09:56:52 PM »
My step brother and I love(d) the Elio's frozen pizzas for our midnight snacks.  Good memories and good times.

Offline manyuka

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 11:03:49 PM »
ELIOS FROZEN PIZZA SUCKS.. LIKE THE REST. IF U EAT THAT PIZZA YOUR STOMACH TURNS INTO A HELL IN 30 MINS. THEN STAY AWAY THAT KIND OF JUNK FOOD.
WHY DONT YOU TRY TO MAKE PIZZA IN YOUR HOMES. IT IS SO EASY.I DO MY GREAT PIZZA AT HOME N MY PIZZA IS FAR BETTER THAN THOSE DOMINOS,PAPA JOHN....ETC.  BECAUSE I USE VERY GOOD CHEESE,I MAKE MY OWN SAUCE, I ADD MANY STUFF IN MY DOUGH---I DONT WANNA TELL--. IT TASTES FABULOUS
IF I SELL MY PIZZA TO PEOPLE I CAN MAKE MILLIONS BUT I DONT CARE

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 11:14:40 PM »
way to bust onto the scene dude!  cant wait to hear some tips  Feel free to not pm me with them

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 12:40:28 AM »
way to bust onto the scene dude!  cant wait to hear some tips  Feel free to not pm me with them

School's still out, right?? That would explain it.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline NY pizzastriver

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 10:18:20 AM »

WHY DONT YOU TRY TO MAKE PIZZA IN YOUR HOMES. IT IS SO EASY.I DO MY GREAT PIZZA AT HOME N MY PIZZA IS FAR BETTER THAN THOSE DOMINOS,PAPA JOHN....ETC. 

Hey that's an idea, make your own pizza! Why didn't we think of that, if only there was a place we could go to learn more.

BECAUSE I USE VERY GOOD CHEESE,I MAKE MY OWN SAUCE, I ADD MANY STUFF IN MY DOUGH---I DONT WANNA TELL--. IT TASTES FABULOUS
IF I SELL MY PIZZA TO PEOPLE I CAN MAKE MILLIONS BUT I DONT CARE

Too bad you won't disclose the ''many stuff'' in your dough, our loss, now what do we do!? We'll never make a pizza better than Domino's now!
 :(

Oh btw you are on a pizza making forum, surrounded by great pizza makers from across the globe, just in case you hadn't noticed.
"If God said you can come to heaven now, but you have to stop eating my pizza, you'd stay and finish instead, right?" - Essen1

Online Art

• la pizza la mia vita!!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »

At least he got the first part right.  ::)  Art
When baking, follow directions.  When cooking, go by your own taste.

pizzapan