Author Topic: OLD STONE OVEN stone, WOW!!!  (Read 2112 times)

Offline anton-luigi

OLD STONE OVEN stone, WOW!!!
« on: July 27, 2009, 10:34:02 PM »
Well,  I left my stone at my in-laws last time I made pizza,  didnt realize it until I was ready to fire up the oven to make the three 24 hour room temp fermented dough balls I made yesterday.  I made a quick trip to Walmart to buy the same 15 inch stone I already bought from them,  and lo and behold they did not have any stones in stock AT ALL!!!  I ended up making a quick trip top a local candy and restaurant supply store.  The only stone they had was a 16 inch round with a rack and a couple other useless things  for 49.99.  I wasnt really interested in that,  but I just happened to lift up that box,  and on the shelf unboxed was a 15X16 1/2 rectangle stone,  1/2 inch thick,  also marked 49.99.  I bought it(and the lady at the register rang it up wrong,  so I got it significantly cheaper than that shame on me)  But holy moly,  does this thing cook nicely.  I even got some very nice leoparding on the bottom,  and Im cooking at 550 in an electric oven!!  "Old Stone Oven"  extremely nice stone!!

Offline johnnytuinals

Re: OLD STONE OVEN stone, WOW!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 10:30:36 PM »
I have had a old stone 14 inch round for almost 2 years...
Its a great thick stone
I got it on amazon for $20...
I do have a extra stone in my garage in case this one ever breaks..JT