Author Topic: Need your opinion  (Read 1783 times)

Offline T290

Need your opinion
« on: July 30, 2009, 10:40:56 PM »
Hello Forum,
This is my first question posed to the forum and please forgive me if this same topic has been posted prior! I've searched the archive and didn't find any answers. With all due respect to the members of this forum,I have no intention of starting any wars here!!

We are in the process of remodeling a restaurant in our area and we have a Wood Stone oven that we need to remove,it's ours for the taking but there are costs that we must incur to remove this piece. 1'st- is this oven worth the cost for resale value or do most of you make purchases of new equipment when starting into a Pizza business . Like any quality tool there are good ones and there are others, would you just torch this unit and throw it in the dumpster?

To remove this unit we must remove a large 12'x12' skylight located in the middle of the dining room and crane this unit out from the street.there is no way it will fit through the existing door, I est. the cost between $1400-$2000 permit for crane on street,crane time,manpower,cartage to my garage!!

Just looking for some of your professional opinions and inputs here.......

The unit is a WoodStone WS-MS-6 RFG-IR  Thanks for any advice.....Frank 

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Need your opinion
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 10:52:04 PM »
Frank,

In parallel with your post here, you might want to register and post your question at the PMQ Think Tank where pizza professionals often post questions like yours that involve moving things around. The PMQTT website is at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewforum.php?f=6.

Peter

Offline T290

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 11:47:33 PM »
Pete-zza,

Can you elaborate at all on the oven itself, is saving the oven worth while?? I certainly can get it moved and more so torched into pieces!! Just looking for opinions on the quality of the oven on a resale value..
Frank

Offline UnConundrum

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 04:23:23 PM »
Sure you can't work it into your remodeling?  I've been to a few restaurants lately that cook in wood fired ovens, and the restaurants are very popular.  They're not limited to pizza by any means.

Offline Mo

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 12:35:09 PM »
Pete-zza,

Can you elaborate at all on the oven itself, is saving the oven worth while?? I certainly can get it moved and more so torched into pieces!! Just looking for opinions on the quality of the oven on a resale value..
Frank

Woodstone ovens are good ovens and expensive. They work well for a wide variety of cooking but aren't the best choice for strict pizza-only operations. I believe yours to be a 6' gas assist oven. Is this right? If yes, then new you are talking $17-19k. If you are intent on selling, talk to a local restaurant equipment distributor as they may be able to move it fairly quickly. Otherwise, Craigslist it and see what happens...But to answer your question, Woodstone is a good oven and they sell a ton...