Author Topic: Conshohocken Bakery Pizza  (Read 2100 times)

Offline ERASMO

• Wood Fired Ovens PA
Conshohocken Bakery Pizza
« on: August 01, 2009, 06:35:06 AM »
One special treat we had growning up was Conshohocken Bakery pizza.  The bakery is located in Pa.  Does any other Pizzaiolo out there share that memory?

Offline Giacomo

Re: Conshohocken Bakery Pizza
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 05:21:29 PM »
ERASMO

I was born and raised in Conshohocken and yes......the Conshohocken Bakery Pizza ( or
      "tomato pie" as some locals call it ) was and is a special treat. I'm pretty lucky.....my wife is a
      dental assistant and one of patients works at the bakery. Everytime he has an appointment he
      brings along rolls, loaves, and yes...pizza.....for the dentist and my wife to divvy up. So...at least
      twice a year I get free Conshohocken Bakery pizza, more if he needs fillings or crown work.

There are several Italian bakeries in this area who make " tomato pie "  and Conshohocken is usually
       recognized as the best of the lot.   While it may never win any culinary awards it is  certainly as addictive as
       potato chips and when its around I'm not happy until its no longer around.

Offline ERASMO

• Wood Fired Ovens PA
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 07:10:13 AM »
Thats great!!

See if she can find out how they make the sauce!!!

Offline soflnoles

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 02:55:21 PM »
Lived in King of Prussia for 8 years as a child.  My father would bring home three pies every Friday night. 

Offline UnConundrum

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 03:31:39 PM »
 :-\I always enjoyed tomato pie from Bakemeister on the fringe of Norristown, but they're gone :-\

Offline Giacomo

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 11:23:41 AM »

Though it seemed like an odd name for an Italian bakery Bakemeister had some of the best bread,
    stromboli, and tomato pie around. It was supposed to re open as some kind of Italian market but
    that fell through.

pizzapan