Author Topic: Dough quantity for one day  (Read 1449 times)

Offline gschwim

• I Love Pizza!
Dough quantity for one day
« on: August 02, 2009, 06:44:58 PM »
How many pounds of pizza dough should a new pizzeria make for one day.  Does anyone suggest making a two-day supply and refrigerating half to be sure to have enough for one day?  If I make too much for one day, for how many days can I keep the unused dough in the refrigerator and still be able to use it?

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Dough quantity for one day
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 07:05:42 PM »
Gene,

Are you talking about someone (possibly even you) in a pizza business, or yourself as a home pizza maker, or possibly some of each?

Sometimes a new pizzeria will make and use more dough balls than normal because customers will often flock to a new pizzeria to check it out. It is also not uncommon for the volume to drop off significantly after the initial rush if it turns out that customers are not impressed enough to return. It can take a few months to reach a steady state to be able to do effective dough inventory planning and management.

How long the dough will last will depend on the dough formulation used and how the dough is made and managed. Do you have a dough recipe that you would like to have scrutinized in that respect?

Peter

Offline Mo

Re: Dough quantity for one day
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 01:52:28 PM »
Any literal answer to your stated question will be practically useless. I think you need to either provide many more specifics or ask a different question. If you actually need to know how much product to make for a new operation, then I would be concerned about many more unanswered questions. If you are askin to tr and fill in blanks for a business plan, then you are starting with the wrong premise/question. Tell us what you are trying to do and perhaps someone can help.

pizzapan