Author Topic: Spacca Napoli Video  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Spacca Napoli Video
« on: August 12, 2009, 12:06:06 PM »
Really nice video on Chicago's Spacca Napoli:

Bill/SFNM

Offline Parttimepizzaiolo

• Part-Time Pizzaiolo
Re: Spacca Napoli Video
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 08:16:25 PM »
Wow, that really is a very cool video.  Thanks for the link.  That is a beautiful oven!

Offline Matthew

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 08:37:25 PM »
Wow, that really is a very cool video.  Thanks for the link.  That is a beautiful oven!

It sure is...One of, if not, the nicest I have ever seen.  Anyone know the manufacturer?

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 01:18:43 AM »
It's certainly the most beautifull i've come across.Hand built on sight by the finest Neapolitan oven building family there is,i'm told,and finished by Jonathans Wife in a unique mosaic.
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline Matthew

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 06:47:35 AM »
Hand built on sight by the finest Neapolitan oven building family there is,i'm told,and finished by Jonathans Wife in a unique mosaic.a

Who might this be??? ???  I've been in contact with a few manufacturers from Naples now & half the battle has been waiting to hear back from them.  By the way; they all claim that they're ovens are the best.  What's interesting though is that they all use the exact same materials & very similar processes in manufacturing.  Herein is my confusion. 
The only way to get the answers that I'm looking for is to take a trip to Naples.

Offline BurntEdges

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 08:13:30 AM »
Bill,

Nice find and thanks for posting this video.  The message in this video goes way beyond pizza, but it's great that pizza is the vehicle he uses to broadcast his thoughts!

There's also a trailer for this video.  Some of the info is duplicative, but some was not shown in the full video.  Worth looking at if you liked the first video. 

Offline pacoast

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 05:34:21 AM »
By the way; they all claim that they're ovens are the best.

Salesmen will be salesmen. Of course everyone will claim that they make the best oven. You need to talk to their customers instead. Call every pizzeria that you know to make a good Neopolitan & ask them how happy they are with their oven. Then try to find out who built or imported it for them.

Offline Matthew

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 06:29:16 AM »
Salesmen will be salesmen. Of course everyone will claim that they make the best oven. You need to talk to their customers instead. Call every pizzeria that you know to make a good Neopolitan & ask them how happy they are with their oven. Then try to find out who built or imported it for them.

I am only considering a handful of manufactures & they are all from Naples & are all very high quality.  I'm waiting to get costing on having one built in Naples & imported vs. having the material shipped in & someone coming from Naples to build it.  Once I make my decision I will take a trip to Naples to finalize the deal.

Matt

pizzapan