Author Topic: Looking for laundry advice ..... seriously  (Read 993 times)

Offline Bluesology

• Blind Dog Pizza
Looking for laundry advice ..... seriously
« on: August 06, 2009, 12:10:56 AM »
So I've been working in a bakery for about six months now and am having an extremely difficult time getting my shirts clean.  I pre-soak them, use color safe bleach and they still seem to come out of the drier with dough bits, white stains all over the place and a general loss of color.  I have been wearing chef shirts that are either 100% polyester or a poly/cotton mix.  Does anyone have any tips on getting these shirts clean?  I don't know if my sweat is leaving salt deposits in the fabric or what.   But the flour and the dough is becoming the bane of my laundering existence.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chad

Offline pacoast

Re: Looking for laundry advice ..... seriously
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 01:52:21 AM »
If you have bits of dough remaining, try a presoak in cold or warm (not hot) water. That should work for the dried on dough, but if it doesn't, then you may have to presoak & then scrape off the wet dough with your finger or a brush before washing. Hard to say what the stains are from your description, probably oil or protein. Oil stains need a solvent. Usually it's enough to rub in a very small amount of dish detergent or any number of commercial stain removers prior to the presoak. For protein, try applying hydrogen peroxide to the stain.