Author Topic: Where to go?  (Read 2063 times)

Offline bigpix

Where to go?
« on: February 18, 2005, 08:09:32 PM »
Heading into NYC tomorrow to see The Gates. Why there? An excuse to be in the city for PIZZA. My wife suggested the trip and also suggested it was a good time to try one of those places I'm always talking about. We've been to John's in the Village as well as Joe's. You can't sit down and enjoy a pie at Joe's who's pies I love.
I'm thinking of Patsy's in the Bronx since we will be in Central Park. I've been     talking about visiting Lombardis which is kind of where my wife wants to go.

Given a choice, where would you go? We could also come back to NJ for some fine pie but Aay, it's The City.

thanks

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Where to go?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 09:28:19 PM »
bigpix,

From what I have read about Patsy's and Lombardi's, I would choose Patsy's but only the East Harlem location. According to Jeff, the rest of the Patsy's locations stink. If you go to Lombardi's, you should ask them to go light on the sauce and the Romano cheese. That appears to be a common complaint about Lombardi's and, having been there myself, I would agree. Maybe things have changed since I was there but recent reviewers feel that Lombardi's has gone downhill. That's another reason I would favor the original Patsy's.

Peter

Offline pftaylor

• Life's Short. Get Wood Fired Up!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 09:45:16 PM »
bigpix,
If you have time go to the original Patsy's in Harlem. I was in NYC last October, short on time, and could only make it over to the Patsy's on the corner of 34th Street and 3rd Ave and had a great pie. No it wasn't up to the standards of the Patsy's in Harlem but it was better than Grimaldi's.

Not knowing what type of pizza fan you are makes recommending a place difficult. My all-time favorite is Patsy's. It's because they serve the very best fresh mutz pie in the city.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 10:11:34 PM by pftaylor »
Pizza Raquel is Simply Everything You’d Want.
www.wood-firedpizza.com

Offline bigpix

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 10:09:01 PM »
As usual, Mapquest sucks. I can get to third ave in the Bronx. But the address you all have listed ont this site can't be found. Third Ave. and where?

She is not keen on visiting the Bronx. I can tell her how Harlem is on a roll and get her to go then.

bigpix

Offline pftaylor

• Life's Short. Get Wood Fired Up!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 10:12:50 PM »
The Murray Hill Patsy's I went to is located at: 509 Third Avenue, New York City, New York 10016. (212) 689-7500
Pizza Raquel is Simply Everything You’d Want.
www.wood-firedpizza.com