Author Topic: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update  (Read 86766 times)

quixoteQ and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online jsaras

• Supporting Member
Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Reply #2180 on: November 23, 2014, 10:31:38 PM »
That's gotta be a first with Lego's. 
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline JohnnyQuest

« Reply #2181 on: November 23, 2014, 10:54:44 PM »
I love seeing all of the pies here, truly inspirational! 

Here's my Apple & Spinach Gorganzola, cooked on a custom sized Baking Steel (The Kingdaddy). This one is one of my wife's favorites. 

Offline Johnny the Gent

• Bake strong!
« Reply #2182 on: November 24, 2014, 04:13:14 AM »
Sicilian style pie, 24 hr CF, 72% HR, AP flour with 30% semolina, 1.8% salt, .5% CY, 2% EVOO. No parbake: sauce, 80-20 blend of WMM & brazilian Edam (queijo do Reino), ham amd diced green peppers.
Il miglior fabbro

Offline jvp123

• Supporting Member
  • Learning and loving it!
« Reply #2183 on: November 24, 2014, 10:10:06 AM »
Jeff

Offline Simple Man

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2184 on: November 24, 2014, 06:29:28 PM »
The Mrs. asked me to make some pies for her Walking Dead party last night. Had to pull my beer dough out of the fridge a day early but it still turned out ok according to the tasters.

Excess charring mostly due to spilled juices during the launch process. Darker crust is normal for my beer doughs.
If you don't like the heat, move to Maine!

Online norcoscia

• I really Love Pizza!
Tonight Cheese Pie
« Reply #2185 on: November 24, 2014, 08:31:40 PM »
Some pictures of my pie tonight. Yum! :D

More on YouTube... it tasted so good I made a short movie - link below - let me know if you like it....

Offline rparker

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2186 on: Yesterday at 08:01:57 AM »
I've been mostly lurching this thread, but want to come out into the open and let everyone know how good your pies look. Very inspiring. I'll be trying different things out very soon, as soon as my dough quest is over and a new one begins. I could do worse than to run through this thread again.

Walter, I can't wait to see your pics from the professional and see what he does with that harsh lighting. (commercial fluorescent is tough) Less than a week away. Your pizza looks sooooo good already.

Simple Man, thank's again for your bake tip. I've been getting that color and subsequent taste ever since. Once I had the heat, I adjusted toppings down and a few pies later I'm pulling out even at 450 inside (stone issues mean low temps inside right now) are coming out looking like this, Kudos! Oh, and since our last exchange, my wife came home from work where they sprung for pizza for everyone. A chain she could handle in the past has turned in to "Thank's a lot! Now I can't even eat Papa John's without thinking about how good pizza can taste." After yesterday's, my son is listing off the lower-ranked NY Pizzerias around here as being hard to want to go to again.  Gotta love it.

Offline amiart

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Tonight Cheese Pie
« Reply #2187 on: Yesterday at 04:33:33 PM »
Some pictures of my pie tonight. Yum! :D

More on YouTube... it tasted so good I made a short movie - link below - let me know if you like it....

Your sauce looks awesome.

Online mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #2188 on: Yesterday at 06:26:18 PM »
Nice pie, love the music! I imagined that pie jumping up and doin' a little dance.
Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #2189 on: Yesterday at 06:42:08 PM »
I've been mostly lurching this thread, but want to come out into the open and let everyone know how good your pies look. Very inspiring. I'll be trying different things out very soon, as soon as my dough quest is over and a new one begins. I could do worse than to run through this thread again.

Walter, I can't wait to see your pics from the professional and see what he does with that harsh lighting. (commercial fluorescent is tough) Less than a week away. Your pizza looks sooooo good already.

thanks!  It is an exciting time in that I am really focusing on my pizzas for opening my own place.  The professor of photography and her student are bringing in lighting and things of theirs to get better pictures.  She told me they will do it till they get it right.  I was offered a very nice job today where I could basically create my own pizza business under another business's roof and it would all be on their dime.  It was very flattering but the food culture here would never support my pizza or my prices.  It is sad that we are going to have to leave a place that is really behind my work with people with disabilities but isn't behind top end food.  Walter

I pretty much have the website set up other than good photos and a real address.  Here it is so far.
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:48:19 PM by waltertore »

Offline rparker

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2190 on: Yesterday at 09:43:10 PM »
thanks!  It is an exciting time in that I am really focusing on my pizzas for opening my own place.  The professor of photography and her student are bringing in lighting and things of theirs to get better pictures.  She told me they will do it till they get it right.  I was offered a very nice job today where I could basically create my own pizza business under another business's roof and it would all be on their dime.  It was very flattering but the food culture here would never support my pizza or my prices.  It is sad that we are going to have to leave a place that is really behind my work with people with disabilities but isn't behind top end food.  Walter

I pretty much have the website set up other than good photos and a real address.  Here it is so far.
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/
I'll check that site out later. I look forward to it.
I know just based on lurching around that you're saddened at the prospect of having to leave your current situation. I wish you all the best in each step of the transition.
Perhaps you should have your camera laying around and refer to it. Maybe he'll be inclined to make and adjustment or two for you. Different lighting is going to help dramatically. Fluorescent is so cold. Your pies under good lighting ought to be something great to look at.

What's your single biggest change to your pizza going to be in the new place?

Offline Qarl

• I love to cook! and eat!
    • Black Pug Brewing
« Reply #2191 on: Yesterday at 09:57:17 PM »
Tonight's pie...  A little 9-inch personal, semi-Detroit style

Did a double-kneed.   About 5-6 hours of room temperature ferment using .8% IDY, All Trumps flour, 75% hydration, and 2% salt.

Cheese was Supremo Italiano New York Blend shredded (from Restaurant Depot).

Jimmy Dean Italian sausage crumbled on top of cheese.

Sauce was Cento Chunky-style Crushed tomatoes, with garlic, basil, oregano, garlic powder, sugar, and salt added.  Broke up chunks with immersion blender.

Sprinkle of parmesan on top

Butter Crisco on the bottom

500 degrees, 15 minute bake, on 2nd to bottom rack on 1-inch thick pizza stone.

Came out great!  Would have been even better with an overnight fridge ferment, but this was a last-minute decision.

I may try parbaking it for 5 minutes next time, then top, and bake for 12-minutes more.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:01:09 PM by Qarl »

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #2192 on: Yesterday at 10:00:44 PM »
I'll check that site out later. I look forward to it.
I know just based on lurching around that you're saddened at the prospect of having to leave your current situation. I wish you all the best in each step of the transition.
Perhaps you should have your camera laying around and refer to it. Maybe he'll be inclined to make and adjustment or two for you. Different lighting is going to help dramatically. Fluorescent is so cold. Your pies under good lighting ought to be something great to look at.

What's your single biggest change to your pizza going to be in the new place?

Thanks again!  I will bring my camera for sure and hopefully get some instruction on using it better.  The biggest change is I will be just making pizza.  I have got my ricotta Sicilian pie and ricotta NY pies to where I want them.  Up till recently all we did was NY plain and pep 90% of the time.  I also have the house made sausage and veggie toppings figured the way I want in the recipe/slicing methods.  Walter
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:33:44 PM by waltertore »

Offline dylandylan

« Reply #2193 on: Today at 11:57:13 AM »
I love seeing all of the pies here, truly inspirational! 

Here's my Apple & Spinach Gorganzola, cooked on a custom sized Baking Steel (The Kingdaddy). This one is one of my wife's favorites.

Looks great Jonny!  Might 'steal' that topping combo!