Author Topic: NJ Boardwalk Pizza  (Read 166464 times)

bricklayer and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: NJ Boardwalk Pizza
« Reply #1540 on: October 29, 2012, 10:59:43 PM »
Bob,

There have been hurricanes before in Wildwood, but I don't know if this will be the worst one or not.  Wildwood is very flat and is an island surrounded by water on all sides. 

Norma
Oh boy...that don't sound too copasetic... :-\
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Ev

« Reply #1541 on: October 29, 2012, 11:04:50 PM »
I remember some big damaging storms along the Jersey shore when I was a kid in the '60s.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #1542 on: October 30, 2012, 11:10:49 AM »
A little update about Wildwood if anyone is interested and a few pictures.

Tom reports from Wildwood a little while ago:

Took a walk around 9:45 this morn from 24th & Atlantic to 10th & the bay. A few trees down, lots of debris but for the most part structural damages seem to be very limited. Water damages might be another thing. Looks like we lucked out compared to the devestation in a lot of other communities, winds are still pretty strong.

Update from John Lynch:

The island is still drying out. Capt Jim Grauel checking out the low lying areas of the Wildwoods...

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1543 on: October 30, 2012, 05:31:38 PM »
This is one photo right near Mack’s pizza from Wildwood 365 on Facebook. 

Looking south on the Boardwalk, Monday afternoon. Courtesy of John Lynch

Mack’s pizza is almost right across from the Douglas Fudge sign on the left side of the boardwalk.  I guess Mack’s must have taken their Mack’s pizza sign down and it appears they are okay. 

The other photo is also Courtesy of John Lynch on Wildwood 365.

The beach under water, Monday afternoon.

This album of different pictures were called Hurricane Sandy - "FrankenStorm 2012".  There are more pictures in the album. 

Effective 2 p.m., North Wildwood residents, property, and business owners are able to access the island via the North Wildwood Bridge.

A number of reports say that the Rio Grande Ave. bridge George Redding Bridge) are open to those who show proper ID, but we are waiting to confirm...

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1544 on: November 02, 2012, 08:38:16 AM »
A few videos of Wildwood since hurricane Sandy, if anyone is interested.

Superstorm Sandy Update: Matador Oceanfrom Resort Motel

From a Motel owner how Wildwood did since hurricane Sandy.  North Wildwood is usually where I stay when visiting Wildwood.. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSlyWB3QN-U" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSlyWB3QN-U</a>
   This video said Wildwood lost about 100 yards of beach from Sandy. 

Wildwood Crest

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq976c63Yus" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq976c63Yus</a>

Middle of boardwalk

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvXz4fAQURI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvXz4fAQURI</a>

It seems like Wildwood fared much better than other Jersey Shore points.

Norma

Offline Woodfiredovenpizzero

• Nothing like a WFO Pizza in the backyard!
« Reply #1545 on: November 02, 2012, 08:49:55 AM »
I wonder if there still a Sandy Hook...

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1546 on: November 02, 2012, 09:24:39 AM »
I wonder if there still a Sandy Hook...

Edgar,

I really don’t know.

Norma

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1547 on: November 02, 2012, 09:28:59 AM »
Norma,

I have been reading media reports that some people have been engaging in dumpster diving looking for food. You might want to take a trip to Mack's and do some dumpster diving there. If you are stopped or questioned, you can put on a sad face and say that you are looking for food. You might want to dress appropriately for the occasion.

Peter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1548 on: November 02, 2012, 09:53:58 AM »
Norma,

I have been reading media reports that some people have been engaging in dumpster diving looking for food. You might want to take a trip to Mack's and do some dumpster diving there. If you are stopped or questioned, you can put on a sad face and say that you are looking for food. You might want to dress appropriately for the occasion.

Peter

Peter,

I also have been reading media reports about some people engaging in dumpster diving looking for food. 

My daughter just said this morning she would like to visit Wildwood.  I saw on TV what problems people are having trying to get to the shore now though and said right now I am not interested.  I also saw on Mack’s facebook page they aren’t open now.  To go down to Mack’s again and have the same parbaked pizza again sure isn’t my cup of tea either. 

I wouldn’t mind going dumpster diving again though and dressing poorly and looking sad sure wouldn’t be any problem. :-D

I heard a Northeaster might be coming up though the shore area maybe this Tuesday or Wednesday.  Those poor people have been through enough.

Norma

Offline PowerWagonPete

• The name says it all.
« Reply #1549 on: November 02, 2012, 10:57:24 AM »
Perhaps this shark had a hankering for a slice...

http://www.silverdoctors.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/nj-shark.png

Hopefully, it doesn't have access to the internet, Norma, or it might try swimming up the Susquehanna looking for you.   :)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1550 on: November 02, 2012, 11:41:27 AM »
Perhaps this shark had a hankering for a slice...

http://www.silverdoctors.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/nj-shark.png

Hopefully, it doesn't have access to the internet, Norma, or it might try swimming up the Susquehanna looking for you.   :)

Pete,

Lol, maybe that shark did have a hankering for a slice.  :-D I sure wouldn’t want the shark swimming up the Susquehanna looking for me.  Is that a real picture of a shark at the Jersey Shore?  My daughter did see a small dead shark washed up the beach of Wildwood Crest this past summer.  I think she took a picture of it.  There also were a lot of Dolphins when she was there without me.   :(

Did you notice what I purchased at Reply 92 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,21559.msg220599.html#msg220599  >:D

Norma

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1551 on: November 02, 2012, 03:09:57 PM »

I wouldn’t mind going dumpster diving again though and dressing poorly and looking sad sure wouldn’t be any problem. :-D

Norma
A woman after my heart....you are my kind of lady Norma....amazing!  :-*

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1552 on: November 02, 2012, 06:11:42 PM »
A woman after my heart....you are my kind of lady Norma....amazing!  :-*

:-D Bob, you can go with me if you want.  It is kinda scary though. 

Norma

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1553 on: November 02, 2012, 06:20:20 PM »
:-D Bob, you can go with me if you want.  It is kinda scary though. 

Norma
What an awesome invitation....don't be surprised if I take you up on that one day soon Norma!  I would be honored to "watch your back"....and you do the same for me while we enjoy an evening of dumpster diving together!!   :-D     8)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1554 on: November 02, 2012, 07:43:31 PM »
What an awesome invitation....don't be surprised if I take you up on that one day soon Norma!  I would be honored to "watch your back"....and you do the same for me while we enjoy an evening of dumpster diving together!!   :-D     8)

Bob,

I still have pictures of how close the dumpsters are to the back of Mack's.  There is also a chainlink fence on the other side.  There is no way out of there.  :-D  I think some of the employees live right there too.  Do you hear your knees knocking?  Mine are!

Norma

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1555 on: November 02, 2012, 08:40:49 PM »
Bob,

I still have pictures of how close the dumpsters are to the back of Mack's.  There is also a chainlink fence on the other side.  There is no way out of there.  :-D  I think some of the employees live right there too.  Do you hear your knees knocking?  Mine are!

Norma
Have no fear.....chainlink fences don't scare me my dear....we are ...Underdogs!!!   :-D

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1556 on: November 02, 2012, 10:02:27 PM »
This was posted on facebook by Wildwood 365

Our buddy Jay Mackle from Gateway 26 snapped this photo of the Boardwalk look south this evening.

Simply beautiful.

It goes without saying that this has been an extraordinary week. While we continue to count our blessings, please keep all of those who are suffering in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy in your thoughts and prayers...

I think what was said if so true.

Norma

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1557 on: November 02, 2012, 11:03:36 PM »
Yes, that is beautiful. I've had a number of occasions where I've walked down through "tourist towns" at a time of day when it appeared to be a "ghost town". A unique experience that is not easily described.....
And I agree Norma, we should all count our blessings and remember to say a prayer for the less fortunate....no matter what has caused their hardship.....

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1558 on: November 02, 2012, 11:08:18 PM »
Yes, that is beautiful. I've had a number of occasions where I've walked down through "tourist towns" at a time of day when it appeared to be a "ghost town". A unique experience that is not easily described.....
And I agree Norma, we should all count our blessings and remember to say a prayer for the less fortunate....no matter what has caused their hardship.....

:)

Bob,

They do have the most beautiful sun rises and sunsets at the shore and I agree with what you posted.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1559 on: November 04, 2012, 07:13:47 AM »
From Wildwood365 last evening on facebook.

Before signing off for the night, I'm trying to think of the words to put into perspective the week that was. But, it's impossible. This was, quite simply, a week unlike any other. Hopefully, we'll never see another one like it at the Jersey Shore.
We can ONLY hope.
Here in Wildwood, we realize that we somehow dodged a cannonball. And, for that, we are so grateful. But, our hearts ache for our neighbors to the north, many of which incurred simply unthinkable destruction.
We will continue to keep all of the victims of Hurricane Sandy in our thoughts and prayers.
If there is one bright point, we have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of kindness and generosity from the community, at large. From local donation drives to the sights of truckloads of supplies from states, literally, thousands of miles away, it has been a reaffirming assurance of the good in people.
Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away, and what better time than this to count our blessings, fellow Wildwood lovers. Be thankful for what we have and resolve never to take it for granted.
God bless the Jersey Shore, always. ❤

Take care and be well, everyone.
-- Al Alven, Wildwood 365

Norma