Author Topic: NJ Boardwalk Pizza  (Read 151523 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: NJ Boardwalk Pizza
« Reply #1700 on: May 08, 2013, 12:12:15 PM »
Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1701 on: May 08, 2013, 01:20:46 PM »
Norma,
You really do make professional looking pizzas. Just faaantastic! It's a shame they have you hidden away back in your area of the Market.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1702 on: May 08, 2013, 02:03:07 PM »
Norma,
You really do make professional looking pizzas. Just faaantastic! It's a shame they have you hidden away back in your area of the Market.

Thanks Bob!  I just talked to the market manager again yesterday and really don't think I will be able to get that other stand.   :(

Norma

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1703 on: May 08, 2013, 02:15:21 PM »

Thanks Bob!  I just talked to the market manager again yesterday and really don't think I will be able to get that other stand.   :(

Norma
Well, I could come up there an have a nice 'lil chat with that man if you like Norma. All it will cost you is the alky haul I drink before meeting with him!  :-D   We'll get you anything you want 'lil darl'in.  :)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1704 on: May 08, 2013, 07:11:11 PM »
Well, I could come up there an have a nice 'lil chat with that man if you like Norma. All it will cost you is the alky haul I drink before meeting with him!  :-D   We'll get you anything you want 'lil darl'in.  :)

Bob,

Thanks for the offer, but I think I want to stay in good terms with the market management.  I didn't need any alky haul and said my piece yesterday.   :-D

Norma

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1705 on: May 08, 2013, 07:41:22 PM »
Bob,

Thanks for the offer, but I think I want to stay in good terms with the market management.  I didn't need any alky haul and said my piece yesterday.   :-D

Norma
Good for you Norma; I'm glad you did that. I'm sure your way was much better than mine.  ;)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1706 on: May 08, 2013, 07:59:23 PM »
Good for you Norma; I'm glad you did that. I'm sure your way was much better than mine.  ;)

Bob,

I have always said my piece at market.  That started many years ago when our caramel popcorn stand was only 8' and the stand next to us (about 22') became vacant and we wanted to move into it.  Market didn't want us to be able to move into that vacant stand even though we were the oldest standholder at market (since 1928).  Finally market management came around, but that took a lot of talking.  I had worked full-time at RCA at that time and my last husband also worked a full-time job as a butcher.  The same thing happened when we wanted to be able to sell brittles which my husbands parents did do for many years and also again when we wanted to sell cotton candy.  I don't think saying my piece this time will do any good, but at least I felt better that I did do that.

Norma

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1707 on: May 08, 2013, 08:20:52 PM »
Bob,

I have always said my piece at market.  That started many years ago when our caramel popcorn stand was only 8' and the stand next to us (about 22') became vacant and we wanted to move into it.  Market didn't want us to be able to move into that vacant stand even though we were the oldest standholder at market (since 1928).  Finally market management came around, but that took a lot of talking.  I had worked full-time at RCA at that time and my last husband also worked a full-time job as a butcher.  The same thing happened when we wanted to be able to sell brittles which my husbands parents did do for many years and also again when we wanted to sell cotton candy.  I don't think saying my piece this time will do any good, but at least I felt better that I did do that.

Norma
I hear you Norma. Like a lot of things; as I'm sure you know full well, there is probably some politics or money involved there and that is a real shame when they treat good, honest, long standing reliable folks second best. I have a friend who is a police detective with a young family and this guy can sing real good Norma. A couple elders at his Church are complaining to the Pastor that he is getting too many special solo spots. He sings like an Angel but their kids don't....so now he catches the flack.  :angel:

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1708 on: May 08, 2013, 09:36:58 PM »
I hear you Norma. Like a lot of things; as I'm sure you know full well, there is probably some politics or money involved there and that is a real shame when they treat good, honest, long standing reliable folks second best. I have a friend who is a police detective with a young family and this guy can sing real good Norma. A couple elders at his Church are complaining to the Pastor that he is getting too many special solo spots. He sings like an Angel but their kids don't....so now he catches the flack.  :angel:

Bob,

I really don't think money or politics are involved at market.  I think there are only 3 people that are on the board at market, all which are family members.  I have no idea how they make decisions. 

Sorry to hear about your friend, that is also a sad story.  :(  Everything isn't fair in life, but that is the way it goes sometimes. 

Norma 

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1709 on: May 17, 2013, 08:54:46 AM »
A few more photos of the boardwalk pizzas I am now making at market.  The bottom crust is crispy and the edge rim also has a crisp to it. 

Norma

Offline BOARDWALKER

« Reply #1710 on: May 17, 2013, 10:08:39 PM »
Norma,

Crust is beautiful.  Looks better than Mack's.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1711 on: May 17, 2013, 10:36:36 PM »
Norma,

Crust is beautiful.  Looks better than Mack's.

BOARDWALKER,

Thanks!  Did you have any Mack's pizza this spring?  I posted before my daughter was in Wildwood right after Mack's opened and her slices and the whole Mack's pizza she brought home to me sure weren't good.  I was just wondering if they became better after she was there.  I sure don't like it when a Mack's pizza isn't good.   :(

Norma

Offline BOARDWALKER

« Reply #1712 on: May 18, 2013, 05:46:58 PM »
Norma,

I have had a couple of Mack's pies, since the opening.  They are always a little inconsistent in the spring, but when they are making hundreds of pies a day -  the quality kicks in.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1713 on: May 20, 2013, 08:51:20 AM »
Norma,

I have had a couple of Mack's pies, since the opening.  They are always a little inconsistent in the spring, but when they are making hundreds of pies a day -  the quality kicks in.

BOARDWALKER,

I find that amusing that Mack's can't make the pizzas consistent until they are making hundreds of pizzas a day.  I would think that when making less pizzas the pizzas would be better.  Thanks for telling me you have had a couple of Mack's pizzas this year.  I was just at Joey's Pizza in Trenton, NJ where they also have tomato pies.  Marcuas, Mack's and Manco and Manco are all related in some way and I am going to try to get to the bottom of what goes on to make this pies so different.  >:D  :angel: Joey's Pizza was a whole lot better in my opinion than Mack's.  At least it was when I was there this past weekend. 

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1714 on: May 21, 2013, 06:37:31 AM »
If anyone is interested, this works well for slicing big blocks of cheese.

Norma

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1715 on: May 21, 2013, 12:53:27 PM »
If anyone is interested, this works well for slicing big blocks of cheese.

Norma
Now that's a hunk-a-hunk O cheese Norma; Cheddar?  :chef:

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1716 on: May 21, 2013, 09:51:36 PM »
Now that's a hunk-a-hunk O cheese Norma; Cheddar?  :chef:

Bob, that block of cheese almost weighed 45 lbs.  Yes, it is mild cheddar, but it melts like mozzarella, grates like mozzarella, is soft like mozzarella, but has a little more taste than mozzarella.  If I would give you a piece to eat plain I think you would think it was a good mozzarella.   

Norma

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1717 on: May 21, 2013, 10:06:01 PM »
Bob, that block of cheese almost weighed 45 lbs.  Yes, it is mild cheddar, but it melts like mozzarella, grates like mozzarella, is soft like mozzarella, but has a little more taste than mozzarella.  If I would give you a piece to eat plain I think you would think it was a good mozzarella.   

Norma
I think I would probably say: "Norma, that's Grande cheese, how'd you get it so cheap!?"  :chef:

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1718 on: May 21, 2013, 11:19:42 PM »
I think I would probably say: "Norma, that's Grande cheese, how'd you get it so cheap!?"  :chef:

Bob,

I have tried Grande cheese and used it exclusively when I first starting making pizzas.  I purchased Grande from a pizzeria near me.  I know other members would have different opinions than I do, but for me the mild cheddar has more taste and bakes about the same as Grande.  I did get the Grande in loaves and grated it myself for a long while, until I found other mozzarellas that I liked better than Grande.

The mild cheddar I now use did go up .29 a lb. since I started using it though.  Cheeses do go up and down a lot in prices.

Norma

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1719 on: May 21, 2013, 11:37:00 PM »
Bob,

I have tried Grande cheese and used it exclusively when I first starting making pizzas.  I purchased Grande from a pizzeria near me.  I know other members would have different opinions than I do, but for me the mild cheddar has more taste and bakes about the same as Grande.  I did get the Grande in loaves and grated it myself for a long while, until I found other mozzarellas that I liked better than Grande.

The mild cheddar I now use did go up .29 a lb. since I started using it though.  Cheeses do go up and down a lot in prices.

Norma
Faaantastic Norma...is this the mild ched you are sworn to secre...oh never mind.   8)