Author Topic: 2stone pizza oven  (Read 7923 times)

Offline occifer19

2stone pizza oven
« on: August 11, 2009, 06:14:38 PM »
Hi
         I'm looking at a 2stone oven and would like some input from anyone about how they work

Good bad or whatever...........the thing looks good on paper..thanks

Offline Kemosa

Re: 2stone pizza oven
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 08:00:44 PM »
I just purchased the Inferno Oven and overall I am very pleased with it.  The positives> Heats up very quickly; simple design (not a lot can go wrong with it); Heats to 900 deg F.; Retains heat really well.  The negatives>  Very small opening 13-14" pie is the max.; You need to buy some kind of cover because it and the moving parts are effected by wet weather; Sometimes it gets hard to manage the air flow to both the top of the oven and the stone. 

Bottom line the machine puts out a really nice pie (from NY to Nap.) and I would give it a thumbs up.

Offline ERASMO

• Wood Fired Ovens PA
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 08:02:23 PM »
kem

What dough recipe are you using for your nap.?

Offline Kemosa

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 08:23:43 PM »
ERASMO,

I use a NY Style recipe with All Trumps.  I typically bake at 650-700 deg F.  The pie is a somewhat charred NY Style looking pie.
I've yet to try Caputo and jack up the temp., but it's on my to do list. 

Online apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 08:36:15 PM »

Offline Mad_Ernie

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 10:06:50 PM »
I bought the 13" pizza grill 2stone last year and this year I sprang for the 15 1/2" pizza grill.  If I had to do it over again, I would have bought the 15 1/2" from the get-go.  It works like a dream.  The 13" cooks fine, but maneuvering your paddle to get the pizza to the stone is much more difficult, even though you may only be working with a 12" pizza.  Both work great at cooking pizza, but the 15 1/2" is just so much easier to use.
Let them eat pizza.

Offline soflnoles

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 01:44:08 PM »
Just pulled the trigger on the pizza grill.  Can't wait to try it out.

Offline Pigslips

• "Dominus Vobiscum"
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 05:19:51 PM »
I bought the 13" pizza grill 2stone last year and this year I sprang for the 15 1/2" pizza grill.  If I had to do it over again, I would have bought the 15 1/2" from the get-go.  It works like a dream.  The 13" cooks fine, but maneuvering your paddle to get the pizza to the stone is much more difficult, even though you may only be working with a 12" pizza.  Both work great at cooking pizza, but the 15 1/2" is just so much easier to use.

thanks, you just made my mind up on grill size.
“Pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.”

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 06:29:09 PM »

ME, do you have some links to your pies?  You've got my wheels turning?  thx

Offline hotsawce

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 02:03:03 PM »
second the pics request!

Offline Mad_Ernie

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 11:00:36 PM »
You can find some of my 2stone creations in here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38582842@N07/sets/72157621748346497/

Most of them were using my first 2stone which was the 13" version.  I much prefer the larger 2stone.  Easier to get the pies in and out for 1 thing.

-ME
Let them eat pizza.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 11:11:02 PM »
Thx for posting the link.  Some decent looking pies there.  Is the bigger oven you have a stand alone unit or does it sit on the grill as well?

Also, does the flame come in direct contact with the bottom fibrament stone?  I need a less conductive stone for my MBE and was considering ordering a custom cut fibrament stone but their website says that it's not a good idea to have direct flame on it without using their flame diverter. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 11:30:38 PM by Jackie Tran »

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 11:59:31 PM »
Tran I say just get a WFO.

Alright this is what you do. Send your wife on a mini vacation. While she's gone, start the build, foundation and stand. When she gets back be like "Ooh how'd that get there". She wont care trust me... :-D

Like my plan.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 01:54:07 AM »
Yeah that might work. :). Here's another good one I got from another forum.  This only works if you don't have a bike already. Go out and get a few brochures for a new bike and price them out as well. Lay the brochures out on the coffee table and wait for her response. Undoubtedly she'll try and talk you out of it b/c of how dangerous they are. Then say,"well I could always stick to pizza making but I may need a WFO. Do you think that would be better than a motorcycle?"

Bso, I'm stI'll having fun trying to figure my MBE out. Maybe when I get bored of it in a month or two. ;)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 01:56:36 AM by Jackie Tran »

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 08:38:10 AM »
That one sounds good to. I think you might get bored with it faster than you think.

Offline ZitosPizzaAZ

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 04:37:11 PM »
Hi
         I'm looking at a 2stone oven and would like some input from anyone about how they work

Good bad or whatever...........the thing looks good on paper..thanks

Bought a 2stone about 5 months ago and have been very pleased with it. It gets hot fast, retains heat well, can survive high temps, and most importantly, has not cracked when I put a pizza on it to cook. However it was fairly pricey but I guess you get what you pay for.  Awesome pics BTW Ernie