Author Topic: New Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza  (Read 2074 times)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
New Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza
« on: August 31, 2009, 05:43:02 PM »
As noted from an announcement at BakingBusiness.com, copied and pasted below, Pizza Hut is introducing a new stuffed crust pan pizza:

DALLAS — Pizza Hut has introduced Stuffed Crust Pan Pizza.

"The arrival of Stuffed Crust Pan Pizza is the biggest news to hit our pan pizza in nearly three decades," said Brian Niccol, chief marketing officer for Pizza Hut. "I didn’t think it was possible to make our pan pizza any better but with the addition of a ring of melted cheese stuffed deep into the crust, we’ve created a pizza that hits the jackpot."

The new pizza is available for $10.99 for one topping.

Peter

Offline November

• Come for the food. Stay for the science.
    • Uncle Salmon
Re: New Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 06:05:40 PM »
Wow.  I thought the amount of fat they stuffed into a pan pizza was already high, as in 40 extra calories per slice from fat when compared to the 14" hand tossed cheese pizza.  The only style of pizza that I liked from Pizza Hut was their pan style, although I haven't had one in years.  I liked it because the crust was more like fried focaccia, but even that is too much fat for me these days.  I can only imagine the addition of cheese stuffed into that crust would give it a very oily mouth-feel.

Peter, have you seen any nutritional information on the new style?

- red.november

EDIT: Got it.  20 more calories from fat over the regular pan pizza.  That's 60 calories more of fat per slice than a hand tossed 14".

http://www.pizzahut.com/Files/pdf/Nutrition%20Request%20Form%20SCP.pdf
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 06:13:05 PM by November »

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
Re: New Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 07:47:29 PM »
Wow.  I thought the amount of fat they stuffed into a pan pizza was already high, as in 40 extra calories per slice from fat when compared to the 14" hand tossed cheese pizza.  The only style of pizza that I liked from Pizza Hut was their pan style, although I haven't had one in years.  I liked it because the crust was more like fried focaccia, but even that is too much fat for me these days.  I can only imagine the addition of cheese stuffed into that crust would give it a very oily mouth-feel.

Peter, have you seen any nutritional information on the new style?

- red.november

EDIT: Got it.  20 more calories from fat over the regular pan pizza.  That's 60 calories more of fat per slice than a hand tossed 14".

http://www.pizzahut.com/Files/pdf/Nutrition%20Request%20Form%20SCP.pdf

RN,

I second your sentiments.

I wonder how the government is trying to curb and fight the growing obesity problem here in this country when companies such as Pizza Hut don't even care about that major health problem? The same goes for the other junk food joints. It's mind-boggling and one more reason to make your own pizza or food at home. At least you have control over what goes into the pies and dishes.

Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/