Author Topic: Dough Calculators Offline?  (Read 1968 times)

Offline dwighttsharpe

Dough Calculators Offline?
« on: August 18, 2009, 01:27:47 PM »
Can you post a link to the message that gives instructions on how to use the dough calculators without being connected to the internet? I am unable to locate it.

Love your forums, and especially the calculators and tools. I love making pizzas in my amateurish ways. I loved trying to duplicate my favorite pizza crusts and toppings with your guidance...and quite successfully, I must say.

Making pizza crusts led to my interests in making my own breads and I find it much easier many times if using the dough calculators.

Thanks much.

Dwight

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Dough Calculators Offline?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 02:19:29 PM »
dwighttsharpe,

I did not program the dough calculating tools, but they were programmed (by Mike, Boy Hits Car) to specifically permit using them via the Internet. Previously, the most basic dough calculating tool, the Lehmann tool, was on an Excel spreadsheet that was not accessible by anyone other than the author of the spreadsheet (that was me for the Lehmann tool). There are posts giving instructions for using all of the tools if those are of interest to you. Just let me know and I can link you to those posts.

Peter

Offline dwighttsharpe

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 05:20:28 PM »
Thank you.

I'm sorry. Maybe I didn't express precisely what I desired, and maybe I thought I was doing something, but didn't really understand what was occurring.

I'll try again to clarify, what I "thought" I did:

I seem to remember a post describing about saving a calculator(it was probably the deep dish) to my desktop, and double clicking on the icon. Then by double clicking on the desktop icon, the dough calculation tool opened up and was operable.

I was able to access and use the tool without an internet connection by "working offline".

Again, I thought there was a post describing how to do this, but I just tried it on the pc in the other room that I thought was set up for this, but it did not work.

Oh well.

Thanks again.
Dwight

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 05:40:08 PM »
dwightsharpe,

Now I see what you are saying. To test your explanation, I opened a couple of the tools from http://www.pizzamaking.com/dough_tools.html, right clicked on the tools, and clicked on Create Shortcut in order to put icons on my desktop. I then went offine and tried the tools on an offline basis by double clicking on the icons. That worked and I was able to enter data into the tools and to print out the completed forms.

Peter

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 06:05:58 PM »
dwighttsharpe,

I did a search to see if I could find the post you had in mind on this subject. I think I found it--at Reply 4 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,5025.msg42585/topicseen.html#msg42585.

Peter

Offline dwighttsharpe

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 06:53:48 PM »
Thanks. It does, now, seem to be as simple as you described higher up.

Seem to recall it wasn't always so. Oh well, again, thanks much. :chef:
Dwight

Offline pacoast

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 01:48:35 AM »
Just save the web page to your desktop & it works just fine. At least for the expanded dough calculator, which is the one I use most.
In firefox, just go to the dough calculator, then choose file | save page as | web page, complete to your desktop. Then you have a desktop icon to click on offline. IE (ugggh) would be similar.