Author Topic: Pizza in North Texas  (Read 1060 times)

Offline trelk

Pizza in North Texas
« on: August 24, 2009, 04:54:07 PM »
Hello,

I live in Gainesville Texas and was wondering if anyone knew any good pizza places nearby.  I went to a place called Urban Crust in Plano (outside of Dallas/FT Worth) and I wasn't really impressed (although the pizza was good).  If anyone knows of a good place in North Texas/South Oklahoma let me know.

Thanks

Offline elshout

Re: Pizza in North Texas
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 09:07:26 PM »
Here are three good ones I have found:

Big Tony's
1705 West University Drive
Mckinney, TX 75069-3219
Good deep dish and NY Style

Covino's
3265 Independence Parkway
Plano, TX
Good pasta also

Campania
3800 McKinney Ave., Suite150
Dallas, Texas 75204

Post so of your finds if you have any good ones. I have tried numerous ones in the Dallas area. These are the only three I would recommend.

Scott

Offline jjerrier2450

Re: Pizza in North Texas
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 09:20:54 PM »
Olivella's on McFarlin in Highland Park (near SMU - Neapolitan Style)
Coal Vines in Uptown near the Crescent Hotel (also in Southlake)
Campania Pizza has a big shop in Southlake Town Square (I'm one of the investors there :) - so shameless plug)
Cavalli Pizza on Beltline Rd in Irving (Beltline & 635 on the way to the airport...great Neapolitan pizza)
There are a few Grimaldi's around - but very chainy.  Coal Vines is my favorite coal oven pie.
In Oak Cliff (the Austin-ish part of Dallas) Eno's makes really good creative pizza and salads and Bolsa has flat breads that are really good.

People also really seem to like Pizza by Marco, Scalinis, and Louies - but that is all cracker crust style...which I don't get.

I'm opening a new spot called Cane Rosso at Preston/Forest in Dallas - hardcore Neapolitan.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/around-town/food-drink/Cane-Rosso-Goes-Guerilla-80647027.html

Jay