Author Topic: Grande Mozzarella in Albuquerque  (Read 2257 times)

Offline Arnie

Grande Mozzarella in Albuquerque
« on: August 25, 2009, 09:46:21 PM »
I've really learned a lot from this site and have been able to locate in Albuquerque many of the products that have been recommended, however I'm stumped on a supplier for Grande products. I know that I can order them from PennCo, but the shipping costs are outrageous, especially on a tight budget. Does anyone know of a supplier in Albuquerque, or even in the SW US, that will sell to a consumer? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. The mozz cheese I currently buy from Costco and Sam's Club breaks down way too easy on my pizza's, and all I end up with is the equivalent to american cheese spread. :'(

Offline UnConundrum

Re: Grande Mozzarella in Albuquerque
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 10:03:51 PM »

Offline Arnie

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 10:13:36 PM »
Yup, that was my first attempt, however they replied that they only sell though authorized distributors and gave me a couple of options out of Wisconsin and Pennsylvania after I had asked for nearby sources.

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 11:03:54 PM »
I think you are screwed...
There are many places in the lower 48 don't sell grande....
Be lucky that you havea Costco...........JT

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 07:22:03 AM »
You might to talk to the cheese dept. manager at La Montanita Coop. They have special ordered cheeses for me in the past, although I've never requested Grande.

Offline Arnie

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »
Thanks, I had forgotten about the Coop, hadn't been there in over 10 years. I'll go by this weekend.

Offline Mo

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 10:17:26 PM »
What about bel gioso? I don't know what they sell at costco but I don't think there is much wrong with the bel gioso if there's nothing else. It's what I've used in a pinch when I've run out of Calabro or Grande...

Offline Rick Iverson

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 02:17:16 PM »
Arnie;

Try Vern's Cheese.  6 lb. RWT Grande Whole Milk Mozzarella for $28.28.

VR

Iverson

Offline dbsoccer

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 04:29:31 PM »
I just called Vern's (1-920-849-7717) about East Coast Blend. (It's not on their web site)  Their price is a $3.59 per pound in a minimum of 5 lbs. The shipping for 5 pounds was approximated at $15 bringing the total per pound cost to $6.60. Relative to high end mozzarella cheeses (not Grande) in the local markets this is still less costly. I guess this is not a bad option if you can forget the shipping cost relative to the price of the product.

pizzapan