Author Topic: Panielli storage  (Read 1546 times)

Offline UnConundrum

Panielli storage
« on: September 04, 2009, 05:19:30 PM »
In another thread, Pizzanapoletana suggests allowing the panielli to rest another 3 hours or so after shaping before use.  What's the best method to store them for that 3 hour period in a home setting?  In a plastic bag?  Wrapped in plastic?  Oiled?  Fully exposed?

Offline s00da

Re: Panielli storage
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 05:31:13 PM »
You can do whatever you find easier for you but never fully exposed so they don't form a crust. I use lightly oiled Rubbermaid containers and planning to get one of those later http://pizzatools.com/SearchByCategory.aspx?CategoryCode=205000

Online Matthew

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 05:35:39 PM »
In another thread, Pizzanapoletana suggests allowing the panielli to rest another 3 hours or so after shaping before use.  What's the best method to store them for that 3 hour period in a home setting?  In a plastic bag?  Wrapped in plastic?  Oiled?  Fully exposed?

If you're going to store them in plastic containers, poke a little hole in the lid or they'll pop off.

Offline UnConundrum

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 05:38:28 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking of them, but they seem to be a little overkill if you're making 3 - 4 panielli, and storage of the trays when not in use could be an issue too...  Hmmm.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 06:05:51 PM »
Warren,

Some pizza operators with limited storage space use stackable proofing/retarding pans such as shown at http://www.bakedeco.com/detail.asp?id=1490&keyword=Related%20Items. However, for small quantities, one can use just about any basic storage container made of plastic, metal or glass (with lids or covered with plastic wrap, a damp towel, etc.). You can even use empty bread bags by placing the dough balls in the bags, twisting the open ends and then tucking them under. Some people spray the dough balls with a small amount of oil spray and put them into zip-type storage bags.

Peter

Offline s00da

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 06:20:57 PM »
If you're going to store them in plastic containers, poke a little hole in the lid or they'll pop off.

You're right and I discovered that when they popped once but I never made a hole yet. I like the little surprise factor they give to others messing around in my kitchen space >:D

pizzapan