Author Topic: Pizza King "Copy Cat Recipe"?  (Read 6686 times)

Offline tldbass2002

Pizza King "Copy Cat Recipe"?
« on: September 20, 2009, 04:40:17 PM »
I'm  new here effective today and have already found your web-site a great one.  I'm looking for a recipe for "Pizza King" (mostly Indiana based) crust and sauce.  I've seen some thin and crispy or cracker crust recipes but not sure if they are the same.  Could anyone here give me some info about this?  Thanks and if you will, contact me at tldbass2002@yahoo.com!

Have a great day! :pizza:

Tony

Offline Mad_Ernie

Re: Pizza King "Copy Cat Recipe"?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 10:00:26 AM »
I'm only vaguely familiar with Pizza King (not be confused with Cassano's Pizza King in Ohio).  As I understand it, Pizza King is more of a group of independent pizza restaurants whose owners pay a fee for the name and possibly recipes and ingredients sources.  There does not seem to be a major unifying concept in the restaurants other than the name and perhaps similar pizza.  A little more removed from the corporate model that places like Pizza Hut, Papa John's, or Domino's uses.  Is that true?

Since it is more a regional thing, can you post some pictures of a Pizza King pizza or 2 and perhaps give some verbal descriptions of the crust and sauce?

-ME
Let them eat pizza.

pizzapan