Author Topic: Just finished making this pizza- best yet.  (Read 1944 times)

Offline bortz

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Just finished making this pizza- best yet.
« on: February 26, 2005, 12:09:35 PM »
Here's the finished pizza I started prepping last night.  The sauce I mentioned in another thread came out great. It's a keeper. I revised something on it so here's the new sauce recipe:

6 oz. can of paste
1 1/2 6 oz. cans of water using empty can from above
1 tsp. parsley chopped
2 tsp. olive oil (1 tsp. if you use oil to dress dough)
1 tsp KA pizza seasoning
1/2 tsp. bad byron's butt rub
1 1/2 tbsp. white cooking wine
1 tsp. butter
1 1/2 tsp. parm grated cheese
1/2 tsp. baking powder to kill acidity
1/2 tsp. basil

The dough rose for 2 hrs. in an 80 degree oven, then rested for an hour, punched down, bagged then stored overnight in the fridge. Dough was brought out about 8 am this am., then allowed to warm to room temp for 2 hrs while I shredded the mozz and provolone by hand. 

The sauce was started last night and put in a sealed glass container overnight in fridge.
The last picture is my 70's era "pizza oven"  ;)  which will get up to 600 degrees but by the time I get the pie in and the door shut again, it goes down between 525-550 degrees. This one cooked at 525 for 6 1/2 mins.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 12:18:15 PM by bortz »

Offline pftaylor

• Life's Short. Get Wood Fired Up!
Re: Just finished making this pizza- best yet.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 12:22:02 PM »
Bortz,
You been holding out on us? That looks delicious. You keep on producing that level of quality and you'll have to invite all of us over for pie. Do you live near Aspen? If so, you'll have to add skiing as well. You could be in trouble. LOL

I noticed the pepperoni didn't sweat out as much juice as the Ezzo pepperoni brand I've been using. Which brand is it and how does it taste?
Pizza Raquel is Simply Everything You’d Want.
www.wood-firedpizza.com

Offline bortz

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Just finished making this pizza- best yet.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 12:27:53 PM »
Hey PF, it's margherita brand pepperoni. Thanks for the kind words btw.  I'm never going back to stick pepperoni now.  I found this margherita presliced in a pre-packaged re-sealable pouch and it's pre-sliced thin.