Author Topic: caputo pizzas  (Read 1093 times)

Offline artigiano

caputo pizzas
« on: November 05, 2009, 11:15:11 PM »
Pizzas for 3 of us done in the wfo.  Crust was good but I wish I did a better job with the cheese.  It was fior di latte but didnt come out nice and milky white like I wanted.  We did allright eating them... and I was the only one drinking wine but I like to think I deserved it after all that cooking.

al
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 11:19:05 PM by artigiano »

Infoodel

Re: caputo pizzas
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 11:18:25 PM »
Damn fine pies there Al! You definitely deserve a drink after that.
BTW am I am right in thinking you, like myself, use kitchen scissors to cut the pies? :P

Toby

Offline artigiano

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 11:23:15 PM »
Wow, just saw your posts and I love the pizzas u made, nice colors.  I used the scissors too. I made the pizzas an hour before we ate them since I had to wait for people to help me eat all 8. The oven is outside so I had to beat the nightfall, it gets dark around 5pm here.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 11:25:01 PM by artigiano »

Offline Mo

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 11:54:26 PM »
The cheese looks ok, think you could just do with a smidge more. What brand is it? 

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 11:54:55 PM »
I made the pizzas an hour before we ate them since I had to wait for people to help me eat all 8.

Out of curiosity, how did you re-heat the pies?
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline artigiano

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 01:19:51 AM »
We just ate them as is without re heating but usually we eat them hot, just gets dark too early to cook late now.  I am not sure which brand the cheese is, I buy them at a local Italian deli.  The price for the cheese is around $6 canadian for 250g.  The buffalo mozz is around $10.  I agree with Mo I should have used some more cheese but I only had 2 250g mozz balls.  One of those pizzas are a marinara since i ran out of cheese.  The marinara was actually very good, i love the garlic with the evo and the tomatoes.  I was also thinking maybe not holding the pie to the ceiling as long as I did at the end but I was concerned about too much moisture form the fresh cheese on the pizzas.  The oven was running very hot and they were probably around 90 second cooking times.  The oven I use is unfortunately an alan scott style which does the job but requires a lot of wood to keep the temp up.  I was keeping the fire blasting while baking and using oak and alder for fuel but with this oven design its not always a steady heat.  I will one day build a proper round oven and I also made a post showing the work I have done on it up until now.. just need some more time to afford a property in which I can build it. 

al
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 01:27:05 AM by artigiano »