Author Topic: Latest Pizzas - Possibly learn't something about lepording  (Read 4663 times)

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
Re: Latest Pizzas - Possibly learn't something about lepording
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2009, 07:26:03 PM »
Shango,  blisters on the cheese have more to do with the cheese than with the heat.  High fat/wet = few blisters on the cheese,  while dryer and lower in fat cheeses burn up a lot more.   Just my observations.  At the Same heat level,  different moisture cheeses bake up much differently
-marc

Offline shango

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2009, 07:57:34 PM »
Shango,  blisters on the cheese have more to do with the cheese than with the heat.  High fat/wet = few blisters on the cheese,  while dryer and lower in fat cheeses burn up a lot more.   Just my observations.  At the Same heat level,  different moisture cheeses bake up much differently
-marc
Again, we could argue this point, but why bother.  I would chalk it up to many factors including size, shape, cut of cheese, as well as fire management.
pizza, pizza, pizza

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 08:08:41 PM »
Shango,  fair enough.  I think all of this boils down to people trying to have that perfect pizza night everytime,  which for hobbyists is about once a week or maybe less.   Those nights are truly magical when everything goes just according to plan and nothing could come out better.  I think threads like these are attemps to pin down the magic,  and store it in a jar on this forum,  when really there are so many factors involved maybe it can't be.  And like Bill always says, the prettiest aren't always the best tasting.
-marc
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 08:10:30 PM by widespreadpizza »

Offline shango

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 08:15:23 PM »
Well, of course fat/water content has something to do with it as well.  :angel: 

What you are saying is exactly correct.  There are so many variables-the trick is knowing which set you have, and how to handle them.

And Bill-That pizza looks great, a little under done for my taste, (you would probably say mine is over done.. c'est la vie  ;D ) Where did you get the beautiful cockles?
pizza, pizza, pizza

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2009, 09:18:40 PM »
enclosed are two pizzas from the same batch . the dough was made saturday ,the first pizza was made sunday evening ,the second Wednesday evening the oven was at 910 to 925  both nights.  there is a lot more spotting on the dough that was aged 5 days, all other factors were the same. what do you all think?

Offline a pizza cu a Pumarola

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 10:26:05 PM »
enclosed are two pizzas from the same batch . the dough was made saturday ,the first pizza was made sunday evening ,the second Wednesday evening the oven was at 910 to 925  both nights.  there is a lot more spotting on the dough that was aged 5 days, all other factors were the same. what do you all think?

Thezaman - any difference in taste/texture between the two pizzas? I expect that you refridgerated your 5 day dough but what about the dough you baked on Sunday - room temperature or cold ferment?

Robert

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2009, 12:57:31 AM »
it was the same dough , i rose both a room temp for 2 hours before baking. the older dough didn't have much rise left in the dough . the taste of the crust was abut the same . i used buffalo milk mozz. on the last pizza so the overall taste was much better.

pizzapan