Author Topic: Cuore oven. To good to be true?  (Read 722 times)

Offline jayl65

• I Love Pizza!
Cuore oven. To good to be true?
« on: July 11, 2014, 03:20:51 PM »
http://www.cuoreovens.com

I saw this on Ebay. Looks good although the vent is much to small at 4.5 inches for a 37" oven. I called and the guy said they have a cast iron door on hinges available also. I ask for more information in both a phone call and email and not received a response yet. He said they were made in Brazil by a company that has been making them for over 20 years. Low cost and free shipping make it appealing but I just don't know. Any feedback?

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
Re: Cuore oven. To good to be true?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 04:15:28 PM »
Worst case you could grind the vent out and make it larger. 

Offline jayl65

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 04:32:38 PM »
Worst case you could grind the vent out and make it larger.

I had thought about that. He guy said the price was promotional with free shipping to introduce them to the American market. $1450 shipped free.

Offline jayl65

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 04:07:46 PM »
No opinions on this oven? A search on Google.com.br or google brazil looks like its made by a company called Artmill. www.artmill.com.br
It looks like a decent versatile oven for the price. The dome is to tall for Neapolitan pizza but it looks like it could work for an all purpose oven.

Offline wspanic201

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 01:00:40 PM »
Did you ever end up purchasing this oven?  I have seen them also and am looking for any personal experiences with it.

Offline jayl65

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 05:31:17 PM »
Did you ever end up purchasing this oven?  I have seen them also and am looking for any personal experiences with it.

I did not get the oven. I found the company in Brazil and they seem to be popular. I think it would be fine for an outdoor install but since Im looking to do an indoor installation I decided against it. My concerns were that the vent is really small at 4.5" and the oven floor tiles are imbedded in the cast floor. I worried about it smoking in the house and also replacing the floor tiles in the future.

I would call the guy selling them. He was very responsive and helpful when I called.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 05:40:13 PM »
In the owner's manual, they write "always avoid tall flames against the oven walls," and in big bold letters, specify an operating temperature range of 300-500F. Not sure that the point of the oven is.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline stonecutter

• Old World Stone & Garden
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 07:18:57 PM »
Maybe it's a wood fired food dehydrator.
http://oldworldstoneandgarden.com/

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin

Offline Cuore Ovens

• Vendor
  • We Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 09:30:54 PM »
Hi, folks.

First of all I want to thank you for the valuable feedback info and for pointing some issues with our manual and specs. I will correct them a.s.a.p., but for now I can tell you that this oven is based on a general-purpose traditional Brazilian design and that's why the vent is smaller, it does help with heat retention. There's no problem in enlarging it but I have to check with the production engineer what is the minimum wall thickness that should be left around the vent. I will add that information to the manual eventually.
The temperature (wrongly) stated is actually for cooking bread, pizza should really be somewhat hotter. Some recommend up to 900F but anything over 700F should be fine.
As to the tall flames hitting the ovens walls, it's all a matter of thermal shock. Any brick or mortar oven should be heated slowly and evenly to avoid cracking, but after it's hot, no problem. For the same reason it should be left to cool by itself. I will revise the text to make that clearer.
The bricks are fused to the oven floor during production (that helps to keep our production costs competitive) but if needed a further layer of thin bricks can later be laid on the floor, for the oven is tall enough for that.

Our ovens are not made by Artmill.

Depending on demand, there will be larger and smaller models available, as well as Brazilian barbecue grills. We can offer stainless steel and cast aluminum and iron doors, with or without glass viewing ports.

We are now producing a video showing oven installation and operation, with relevant demonstrations (including vent flow) and operation tips.

Thanks again for the feedback and please fell free to point out any issues with our materials and products, your opinion is invaluable to help us develop a better product.

Offline scott123

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 02:17:48 AM »
for the oven is tall enough for that.

Speaking of dome height, have you ever considered offering a lower dome model? For the types of pizzas most of the members of this forum are trying to make, lower domes are preferred.

A lower dome, at this price point, assuming the refractory is cast well and has a long track record- you could make a killing.

Offline Cuore Ovens

• Vendor
  • We Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 02:40:38 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Scott 123! We do have three other models with different sizes, but they have approximately the same width to height ratio. However, our Milano model is an entirely different concept. These attached pics show our oven line in Brazil - I apologize for the low picture quality. Brazilians use these ovens mostly for pizza, but the shape allows for cooking pretty much anything one could cook in a conventional oven. Of course, if the american market prefers a different model, we have the means and the will to develop a dedicated product with the right specs at a very competitive price. What are, in your opinion, the best shape and dimensions for such an oven?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:42:11 PM by Cuore Ovens »

Offline Cuore Ovens

• Vendor
  • We Love Pizza!
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 03:55:54 PM »
The vent is actually 5 1/8". I just fired the guy responsible for the measurements and metric conversion. :P

And yes, it can be enlarged to 6" if needed, no problem.

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 04:07:24 PM »
If I understand the dimensions that are provided, the interior height is missing.  I assume the mouth height is somewhat lower than the peak height in the center.

Offline jayl65

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 08:57:25 PM »
What are, in your opinion, the best shape and dimensions for such an oven?

Thanks for participating on this forum and clearing up some of the information about your ovens. If you look at past post on this forum you'll quickly see that most folks here prefer a Neapolitan style pizza oven with a low dome height and shorter door to dome height ratio that easily attains a 900 degree temp for 90 second pizzas. A round oven is preferred to barrel vault.  A search will also quickly reveal oven specs and vendors who are preferred on this site. I hesitate to list names as Im not sure of the rules of vendor promotion here ,but you can see which oven vendors are popular at any given time.

I myself have been looking for a more versatile oven not completely slanted toward pizza. This is a pizza forum though so, most will prefer anything slanted toward pizza and primarily Neapolitan pizza. A search on google on Pompeii or Neapolitan pizza ovens will also turn up vast amounts of information. Here in the states there are hard core pizza enthusiast who use every means necessary to achieve their perfect version of neapolitan pizza from the oven to the dough recipe to the sauce and cheese. It just keeps going. Others are more casual and just enjoy getting to eat their research.

Good luck

pizzapan