Author Topic: My 900F BBQ Mod  (Read 17177 times)

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: My 900F BBQ Mod
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 09:14:52 PM »
wow, I just saw these mods and they look like they work great!  I seem to be a day late and a dollar short lately it seems!  I had a Lynx gas grill (if you know what they are, then you know how good they are and how hot they get >:D) and I sold it and my Stumps Smoker and picked up a Primo Ceramic cooker.....mainly to consolidate my cooking, but also thinking that I would be able to create great pizza's on the Primo! :-[ :-[  Needless to say, there are some drawbacks using a BGE or a Primo as a pizza oven, and here I could be cranking my old Lynx up to 1000 degrees and for a few bucks had a great pizza oven! >:( >:( >:(  I am almost tempted to pick u p another gas grill but I think the wife would about shoot me...she already thinks my LBE project is way out in left field!

:-D I'd be kicking my own arse too.  :-D  I was really tempted to pull the trigger on a grill with a rotisserie burner not long ago b/c Craig's Pies look so AWESOME.  Lowe's has a few of these cheapo grills for around $300 I think.  Remember though, it's not just the tool but how one wields it.  ;D  Results will vary and every oven has it's pluses and minuses, even WFOs.  It will likely take a bit of time to dial in as well. 

Chau

Offline Morgan

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 02:17:35 PM »
Great setup, you seem to done it all... ;D

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 02:37:22 PM »
It's been a couple years since I've done a pie in the grill. I think the grill is very happy about that.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline nythincrust11

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 03:36:05 PM »
How did you get the bubbling on the crust like you would on a wfo?

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 04:48:44 PM »
How did you get the bubbling on the crust like you would on a wfo?

Top heat management - you can see how much high-temp insulation I have stacked up on the lid of the bbq. That and fairly powerful burners.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline nythincrust11

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 09:00:39 PM »
thanks, Im going to try to fool around with my grill for a while