Author Topic: Latest killer sauce recipe  (Read 3928 times)

Offline bortz

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Latest killer sauce recipe
« on: February 25, 2005, 07:29:39 PM »
I've got my dough rising and my sauce simmering as I type this.  I'm so surprised how good this sauce tastes, I've got to share it with you people.
This sauce kicks the "Lentini" sauce's butt BTW:

6 oz. can paste
1 1/2 6 oz. cans spring water using can from the paste
1 tsp. chopped parsley
2 tsp. olive oil (use 1 tsp. if you use oil to dress your dough)
1 tsp. King Arthur pizza seasoning
1/4 tsp. bad byron's butt rub (check out their web site to get this)
1 1/2 tsp. white cooking wine
1 tsp. butter
1 tsp. parmesan grated cheese
1/2 tsp. baking powder to kill tomato acidity

« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 07:57:39 PM by bortz »

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Re: Latest killer sauce recipe
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 09:41:49 PM »
What are the ingredients in the King Arthur Pizza Seasoning? And butt rub in a pizza sauce?  ??? ::) :)

I'm intrigued!
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline bortz

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 09:00:58 AM »
Hey Steve, the bad byron's just kind of came to me while I was brain storming a new sauce recipe to try and top my old recipe.  Not only is the butt rub good on pork, the wife found out through experimentation that it's also good on chicken.  She knows I hate baked chicken and tried to spice it up for me one time. The chicken was really tasty. So I tried an experiment of my own and tried the butt rub on some items I was grilling out on the propane grill.  It was then that I learned that the butt rub is a great all around spice for just about anything.  Luckily there's a BBQ supply store not to far away so I don't have to order it off their web site and get dinged for the shipping.

The KA pizza seasoning, according to the label, contains:
Onion, garlic, spices and salt.

By spices, from what I can taste/smell, I think they have included:
oregano, basil, fennel and pepper
Basically, everything you would find in your ordinary $3 bottle of McCormick italian seasoning spice. :)

Jimmy

Re: Can you post Pizza Inn's AND Ken's Pizza pizza sauce recipes?
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 11:43:11 PM »
Can you please post two pizza sauce recipes on this site as soon as you can:                 Pizza Inn        AND         Ken's Pizza

PIZZA SAUCE RECIPES

Thanks,

Jimmy S.

Offline bortz

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 10:43:00 AM »
Ken's Pizza was the first major pizza franchise venture of Ken Selby of Tulsa. He morphed many of the original Ken's (but obviously some of the original franchises remain) into his newer Mazzio's Pizza concept and has built on that since. I guess my point is that if you liked Ken's you can get similar style/quality pizza at Mazzio's.

pizzapan