Author Topic: Saturday night's party  (Read 2177 times)

Offline bonesbr549

Saturday night's party
« on: November 22, 2009, 11:05:43 PM »
Had a great pizza party Saturday Night.  We did six Pies.  Thanks to Pete-zza for the great advice.  They were 12" pies.  The Flour was all trumps non bromated flour.  Three of the doughs were made Thursday and after the guest list expanded a bit I made as second batch of three Friday night.  I sat the dough out Saturday morning about 11:00 AM and used them at 6:00 PM. The cheese was Grands 50/50 mozz/prov and the peperoni was EZZO ordered from PA macaroni CO.  I have two stones with one on the next to bottom rack and the other high close to the broiler.  I started each pie on a screen for 6 min at 550 then removed the screen and moved to the upper stone for another 6.  First pie was no coating on the crust, second was Olive Oil, third was Butter, and the rest was Olive oil.  Guests concluded that the butter tasted nice, but the OO provided better texture.   I started using 4% Bakers dry milk and it made an improvement in bottom browning as well.  Excellent experience and all the guests were blown away.  The sauce was 6-in-one with basil, oregano, OO, crushed fennel seed, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, and salt, and I do not cook the sauce before it goes on. 

Offline ThunderStik

Re: Saturday night's party
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 11:08:26 AM »
Good work. That sounds like fun, I have yet to do a party. Of course when I cook its usually for 5 people anyway so its almost a party everytime.  :-D
I KNOW MORE ABOUT PIZZA THAN ANYBODY!!!!!!!

(in my house)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 06:14:59 PM »
Excellent experience and all the guests were blown away. 

bonesbr549,

Did you tell your guests that they were essentially eating Papa John's pizzas >:D?

Peter

Offline bonesbr549

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 06:25:05 PM »
bonesbr549,

Did you tell your guests that they were essentially eating Papa John's pizzas >:D?

Peter

NOPE, saw no point in that little fact!   ;D