Author Topic: VPN Brazil  (Read 7915 times)

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
Re: VPN Brazil
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2009, 03:22:58 PM »
Hi Vinicius,

Well, i am using granarolo Italian flour (66%) + Organic whit flour (33%)...

i am waiting, cause in January there will be Italian pizza flour in Brazil... 5 stagioni

you should mix (all or 75% - i don't feel any difference) flour whit water and salt until the flour is wet, then autolyse for 15 to 20 minutes then Knead.... your doing the opposite... your autolysing after kneading... a think your gluten development is going a little over board...

at least your dough is not tearing any more... thats something to celebrate !!!
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Grog

• I Love Pizza!
Re: VPN Brazil
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2010, 02:53:43 PM »
It's great to see a thread on pizza in Brazil.  I lived in Belo Horizonte from 04-07 and started making pizza as a result of my extreme dissatisfaction with the local pizzerias.  My biggest problem was finding good ingredients, especially flour.  That problem was solved when I discovered that my local padaria would sell their bread flour to me on request.  I never got good results using packaged flour purchased in the supermercados.  Imported San Marzano tomatoes are easy to find, but good fresh mozz was pretty much impossible to find, at least in Minas, and I actually thought about making my own.  Using my brother-in-law's wood burning stove, I got really great results.