Author Topic: Grande Italian Blend  (Read 3981 times)

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
Re: Grande Italian Blend
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 09:17:06 PM »
http://www.pennmac.com/items/3845

If I were to buy this much cheese from PennMac it would have cost me $156 with shipping, so pennmac is DEFINITELY out of the question now that I found this place with some help.

I got it from New Bedford, MA the place is called Natco Cash & Carry. They only sell by the case, I asked the lady working if I could buy one bag and she said you can only buy it by the case. They also only have it in diced form not shredded, but that's all the same to me I guess I will try the dice and see how it is. When I called she said they had the WM blocks, PS blocks, and mozzarella balls(I don't think Grande makes mozzarella balls but if they do they have them). I forgot to ask if they had the Italian blend being that was the one I wanted to try but once I knew they sold the East Coast I didn't really think about it. You can call and ask them (http://www.yellowbot.com/natco-cash-carry-new-bedford-ma.html) if they sell the Italian blend but she is most likely going to have to call you back because she had to call the main location to find out if they sold the East Coast one. They are fast to I ordered it yesterday and I picked it up today at 12pm, damn snow I left my house at 8am, what should have been a 2 hour ride there and back took 5 hours. All is well I got my cheese and I am very happy. If you call and ask if they have the Italian blend(mozzarella/provolone) can you tell me I want to try that out as well, maybe I can buy a bag off you...

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2009, 09:18:20 PM »
Why do you think $2.77 a lb is too much?
Go see what PollyO goes for...........JT

I wasn't saying it was a lot I was asking if that was good compared to other prices of Grande.

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2009, 09:23:57 PM »
brickstone,  where are you from,  north or south of new bedford?  -marc

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2009, 10:33:44 PM »
Way north I live in Waltham, MA it says its an 1hr 15min drive but I could get there in like 35-40 minutes it I wanted.

Offline widespreadpizza

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2009, 10:40:08 PM »
Brickstone,  Just wanted to point out to you some options.  Colony Foods is in Lawrence and carries the east coast blend and most other grandes.  They also almost encourage walkins.  very cool about it.  Cash though.  Accardi Foods is in medford.  Not as cool about walk-ins,  but you can work with them.  they are the caputo distributors in and near boston and have many other great imports. The regina brand tomatoes are for the most part great.  I'm from southern NH btw.  -marc

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2009, 10:42:15 PM »
How much is a pound of east coast over there? I just map quested it and that is a lot closer and I pretty much know where it is because I used to work near there.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:51:14 PM by BrickStoneOven »

Offline widespreadpizza

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2009, 10:53:19 PM »
BSO, within an dime or so,  but probably the same.  I have wondered if grande sets their own prices.  I think it was a little less a couple weeks ago.  -marc
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:55:09 PM by widespreadpizza »

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2009, 11:03:43 PM »
BSO, within an dime or so,  but probably the same.  I have wondered if grande sets their own prices.  I think it was a little less a couple weeks ago.  -marc

I think it's how much the people buy it for because on pmq I see different prices depending where they live some are $2.33, $2.55, and $2.64. Looks like we are on the higher end because we have a smaller market maybe IDK. But thanks for the input on those places I will definitely check them out when I run out.

Thanks

David

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 11:36:01 PM »
Prices change all the time with Grande cheese and all other brands that are cash and carry.
I do think you can say what is a good price?
I have paid $60 a case of Grande and I have paid $82 per case($82 a few weeks ago}
I am sure it can change in price when I go back in Feb or March of 2010
But we are paying what others are paying,price will change every other day.
Be happy at what you paid,,,,who knows maybe the next time you go you might save $10 or $20 per case.............JT