Author Topic: Christmas Ideas  (Read 1237 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Christmas Ideas
« on: December 01, 2009, 10:25:01 PM »
I made four different items today for Christmas.  I first stretched out the dough to my normal pizza size. I used cookie cutters and cut out the Lehmann dough with them.  I made something like cheesy bread sticks by brushing the cut dough with fresh herbs I had microwaved with olive oil and then added some butter and margarine. Then I brushed this on the dough. I then added mozzarella and baked.  Before I sold them I sprinkled on Parmesan cheese.  I should have taken individual pictures of each thing so anyone could look at them better.
The second thing I made was a couple Christmas trees, cut out of dough by using a mold.  This one measured 10" by 10". 
The third thing I made out of dough was a face that children could also make.  I forgot to take a finished picture of the pizza.
If there are any passionate pizza members like me, you also need a pizza Christmas tree. lol
Norma
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 10:10:19 AM by norma427 »
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Trogdor33

Re: Christmas Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 12:43:37 PM »
Norma,

Those look great. How long did you let them rise (if at all) before baking? I have tried breadsticks a couple times, but they just don't seem to turn out good. I also have trouble getting the spices on them right.

-Joe
For all you non-geeks who may be wondering what the name trogdor is all about, have a look here: http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail58.html

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 01:07:41 PM »
Trogdor33,
I didnít let the cheesy bread sticks rise.  I just put them into the oven. Here is a link to some bread sticks I made earlier this year. Just scroll down and you will see them.
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,8341.msg79121.html#msg79121
I usually take a pan with sides that measures 8"x13" with parchment paper put on the bottom.  I stretch out my dough into a rectangle and then brush this on.
Fresh garlic, fresh basil, fresh parsley, fresh oregano and added olive oil, which I just microwave.  Then add some butter and margarine to that mixture.  I use a pastry brush to brush the ingredients on.  Then I sprinkle Italian seasoning on and then the mozzarella and just bake until the top looks like it is soon baked, take the whole rectangle off the pan, finish baking in the oven.
You can add olives or other ingredients.  You could just try dried herbs also with olive oil.
I just decided since it is near Christmas, I would cut the dough out.  They were just baked on the screen you see here. 
After I thought about this for awhile, I don't see why you couldn't just open up like a pizza and then either dress on a screen and then bake.  I don't know kind of pizza dough you are using, but I am using a Lehmann formula.
Thanks for saying the Christmas breadsticks look great.
Norma
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 03:58:20 PM by norma427 »
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline SELES

• I design stuff.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 01:59:02 PM »
Ha! Christmas trees! Looking good.