Author Topic: Beware of Certain Pizza Oven Dealers  (Read 4960 times)

Offline MartyThePizzaMan

Beware of Certain Pizza Oven Dealers
« on: December 03, 2009, 04:48:10 AM »
Bought an oven from a company called californo.com and the owner only ships a little more than half the unit and refuses to ship the rest even though I paid in full at the price we discussed. Not only that but he is rude about it. Also, Doesn't look ANYTHING like the unit he claimed it to be. Please make your own judgement, I just wanted to tell my story so the same thing doesn't happen to someone else unsuspecting.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 04:51:07 AM by MartyThePizzaMan »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Beware of Certain Pizza Oven Dealers
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 08:12:55 AM »
Nominate that guy for the wall of shame!! Never heard of that brand ?
1/2 an oven ? Wont ship? I would be on the next plane with my very large bobybuilding friends ( from Jersey)  to help him understand that you paid for a product and would like it delivered or your money back >:(
Call Jean Paul at Earthstone,  He'll get you one pronto complete!
good luck!
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Matthew

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 08:23:47 AM »
Nominate that guy for the wall of shame!! Never heard of that brand ?
1/2 an oven ? Wont ship? I would be on the next plane with my very large bobybuilding friends ( from Jersey)  to help him understand that you paid for a product and would like it delivered or your money back >:(
Call Jean Paul at Earthstone,  He'll get you one pronto complete!
good luck!
John

Screw that! I'd go alone ;)

Offline mmarston

• I can stop eating Pizza any time I want!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 04:43:46 PM »
I'd say you got Californocated.
Nobody cares if you can't dance well.  Just get up and dance.  Dave Barry

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 05:20:03 PM »
Screw that! I'd go alone ;)

I got your back, Bro!  ;D

Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline Matthew

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 05:31:03 PM »
I got your back, Bro!  ;D

Thanks man!  I knew I could count on you.  The camel toe alone would scare them off! :-D  From a former body builder to pizza freak, go figure!

Matt

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 08:57:30 PM »
LMFAO Mike :-D  good one !
definitely run from that Cameltoe and Camel arms !!
I was like that  (well not quite but sorta) til I built this damn oven !!

John
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 08:59:52 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 10:13:23 PM »
Hey you guys, I'm ready too!  >:(...with my pizza cutting TOOL!!!!!!!!!!
Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline SmokinGuitarPlayer

• Owner of www.fredsmusicandbbq.com
    • Fred's Music & BBQ Supply
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 01:10:35 PM »
If you paid by credit card, just call your credit card company , tell them the product did not satisfy you or you were cheated, and they will PROMPTLY ,(usually without question)  take the money from the seller and give it back to you.... DONE, PROBLEM FIXED. The best part then follows ...  It will then be HIS PROBLEM as you have his "stuff" (some of it anyway) and he now has to beg you to send it back .... and when he calls you, you get the opportunity to give some "shxt" back to him. Payback is wonderful.

FB/SGP

By the way ... we sare dealers for  Forno Bravo if you are in the Northeast US.
Guitar player, dealer and collector. Owner and operator of www.fredsmusicandbbq.com. Seller of barbecue grills and smokers, specializing on the Big Green Egg ceramic grill and all related barbecue cooking supplies...and Wood Fired Ovens and pizza making supplies.

Offline MartyThePizzaMan

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 06:49:46 PM »
Thanks for your replys and laughs... I should have gone a bigger company that had more than 1 employee. The guy who owns the company kept making excuse after excuse. Lesson learned... Unfortuantely paid VIA check so I didn't have time to cancel. I will post a picture of the oven I do put together this summer.

Offline ninapizza23

• Hap pye faces from Venice
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 08:14:51 PM »
Marty,
I had a long and big problem with Circuit City, I had bought a loptop with an extended warranty where they promised me that they would have replaced the computer with same make and model if they were not able to fix. When the time came they wanted to replace it with a used $200 computer as opposed to $1600. After a lot of ping pong playing, I wrote to the attorney general in NY, they got me the $$$$$$$$.  The same situation happened before with PC Richard and Sons where I sent the computer for repair and they lost it. When I called them the VP of the company told me that they had donated my $2000 computer, again the attorney general got me the $$$$$. Try it!

Offline GotRocks

• Trying to get financing sucks!
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 10:30:36 PM »
Thanks for your replys and laughs... I should have gone a bigger company that had more than 1 employee. The guy who owns the company kept making excuse after excuse. Lesson learned... Unfortuantely paid VIA check so I didn't have time to cancel. I will post a picture of the oven I do put together this summer.

That would be considered mail/wire fraud. The FBI has a division exactly for this reason, go to the FBI website and file a complaint, I had to go that route a few years back with an online sale. They handled it very quickly, even for a govt. agency I was impressed. Good luck with your situation.

I am currently considering earthstone for my commercial oven, but I am liking the Forno Bravo too. VPN cert. is not a concern of mine right now, so I plan on getting a gas-assist, because this will be a commercial install and I need to make this oven as idiot proof as I can.

Please PM me if you have any suggestions, I could use all the help I canget right now.
Thanx,
A skinny cook is not to be trusted!

pizzapan