Author Topic: My latest - quick pizza  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Timreid

• I ATE IT ALREADY!!!
My latest - quick pizza
« on: February 27, 2005, 09:35:18 PM »
Hey guys,  haven't posted in awhile but just wanted to show how we make pizza down in Mississippi. 

This is what I call a "quick" pizza.  I used regular (pillsbury) bread flour, and whole milk in the recipe.  I let it rise until doubled which was two hours.  I baked them at 500 on a pan on a stone.  I put them on a pan so I could coat the bottom with a liberal amount of olive oil.  I also brushed the edge with olive oil before cooking.

These are basically what I call a medium thickness or "hand tossed" as most of the pizza places here call it.  I actually did toss one of them!  The cheese one is just plain.  The other is meat lovers with pepperoni, canadian bacon, italian sausage and ground beef.  There are green and black olives on half because my wife doesn't like veggies spoiling her meat pizza!  I also cheated on the sauce using a jar of plain spaghetti sauce which worked well. 

Hope you guys like...  they were very good!

Timbo

Offline pftaylor

• Life's Short. Get Wood Fired Up!
Re: My latest - quick pizza
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 07:11:25 AM »
They could be the best looking quick pies I've ever seen. What can you do with ample time? Nice work.
Pizza Raquel is Simply Everything You’d Want.
www.wood-firedpizza.com

Offline Timreid

• I ATE IT ALREADY!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 07:52:43 AM »
Thanks!  I want to work on deep dish pizza starting with the pizza hut style.  I've seen the recipe posted here and I used to work there (before they had pan pizza) so I think I can do that pretty easily.  I want to work up to real NY and Chicago style pizzas that I see on these boards.  I'm following the posts fairly closely and learning how they are made.  The main problem is I've never actually tasted them so I have to go by looks for now.  I told my wife that we were going to take a vacation to NY and Chicago for pizza and she laughed at me... :'(

Oh well,  :-\

Thanks for all of the good posts.

Timbo

Offline bortz

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 09:22:28 AM »
Nice job Tim.
My wife would kill me if I ever put that much cheese on. ;)