Author Topic: Vietanamese pizza/Bahn mi  (Read 150 times)

Offline Pepperpizza

• I Love Pizza!
Vietanamese pizza/Bahn mi
« on: December 12, 2014, 10:17:15 AM »
Heya!

I just came back from a longer stay in Vietnam. As a pizzeria owner I could not miss out to try the different local breads served there. Bahn mi is a general name for bread and I tried out some amazing pizza variants! Just look at the pictures!
We are only using the best ingredients and a sturdy wooden oven. I want to introduce 2-3 different Bahn mi at my restaurant. However all my friends and relatives tell me not to. "You'll be ruining the brand"
They are all affected by narrow mindedness and I want to give it a go anyway!
This is our current lunch menu with 13 pizzas, all Italian inspired. So I have been thinking of adding 2-3 Vietnamese pizzas just for the lunch, to start with.

So anyone here who has any experience of introducing pizzas like these on your restaurant?

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Vietanamese pizza/Bahn mi
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 12:20:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

An ambitious menu as is. What about pizza C-D? The non pizza selection is generous. I say, if the addition of a couple Vietnamese pies is workable for you then why not. You sholud find out fairly soon if there is a liking by your customers.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Pepperpizza

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Vietanamese pizza/Bahn mi
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 10:18:18 AM »
Thanks for your feedback! I will give it a try, I mean what is the worst case scenario. A few overheated tongues...  ::)
Yeah it might be considered generous hehe. But thats how we like it.