Author Topic: Lehmann Dough made into Christmas Trees  (Read 1537 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Lehmann Dough made into Christmas Trees
« on: December 09, 2009, 08:55:49 AM »
I tried to make a bread type dough out of my Lehmann recipe, yesterday.  I had some Christmas cake baking pans that were aluminum.  I used my 16 oz. dough balls, that are a Lehmann pizza dough recipe.  I tried 2 Christmas dough type breads.  The first I made as below and the second dough, I let to rise a little more for about an hour and a half covered with saran wrap before baking.  The second dough was higher in the finished tree. 
I greased the pan with vegetable oil then opened my dough ball a little.  I then placed the dough in the mold and pressed into place.  On top on the dough I put on olive oil and pressed with my fingers. 
Baked at 550 degrees F until the top of the dough looked finished.  Removed from the pan and brushed with a mixture of olive oil, butter, margarine and other herbs I had ready for my breadsticks.  Sprinkled with Italian herbs that were dry.  Baked again until the top was browned. 
The finished crust and tree tasted very good.  I think I will make that for Christmas.  I forgot to take a picture after it was cut.  If I remember next week I will take a picture of how the structure looks of the inside. I might also slice some olives and grape tomatoes and add to the final bake to make the finished product look more like Christmas.
Norma
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 08:58:01 AM by norma427 »
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline ThunderStik

Re: Lehmann Dough made into Christmas Trees
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 10:15:15 AM »
You are very creative, I envy that and having the time to do those things.  :(
I KNOW MORE ABOUT PIZZA THAN ANYBODY!!!!!!!

(in my house)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 02:05:34 PM »
ThunderStik,
Thanks for saying I am creative.  :)  I am probably more busy than you think.  I am not a person that needs a lot of sleep.  That is one way I get ahead.  I have a granddaughter that I have raised since age 2.  She is now 18 and in a few weeks I am going to be a great-grandmother.  She still lives with me.  I take her to Career and Technology Center each day and pick her up.  I  prepare all the meals at my home and since she has gestational diabetes cooking is a nightmare..lol   I go to market 3 days a week to clean and prepare my dough.  I know you have two children and a job, so I can see how busy you are.  Maybe when you get to be my age, you will have more free time..lol
Many times in my life I have worked two jobs and raised a family.  Where there is a will there is a way.
Norma

Offline ThunderStik

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 02:19:42 PM »
Dangit Norma! I was trying to justify my laziness!  :-D
I KNOW MORE ABOUT PIZZA THAN ANYBODY!!!!!!!

(in my house)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 09:24:39 PM »
ThunderStik,
Iím sorry if I sounded too strong.  :-[ I know how busy you can be when you are raising a family.  You are doing a great job with your family and your pizzas look so delicious. 
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 05:46:40 AM »
Christmas Tree cutting, I forgot to take last week..  Sliced  This one I didn't let rise.
Norma

pizzapan