Author Topic: Antico - Atlanta  (Read 2353 times)

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
Antico - Atlanta
« on: December 12, 2009, 05:02:25 PM »
Three Ovens?They must be expecting to serve the whole of Atlanta !Looks interesting....

http://blissfulglutton.blogspot.com/2009/09/first-impression-antico-pizza.html#at
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline Matthew

Re: Antico - Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 07:02:06 AM »
Three Ovens?They must be expecting to serve the whole of Atlanta !Looks interesting....

http://blissfulglutton.blogspot.com/2009/09/first-impression-antico-pizza.html#at

Very different method; non the less the product looks impeccable!

Matt

Offline Matthew

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 07:10:04 AM »
Here's another one. 

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 07:33:37 AM »
the method is really different, the dough balls are for sure over 250grams...  the sauce over the first layer of mozz... but the pizza looks beautiful !!!   
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

Offline David

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 08:50:05 AM »
Three spiral mixers too?This must be a set up for teaching other people.They are truly spoiled for space.Seems like the methods and style is a blend of American and Neapolitan.
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline shango

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 10:29:05 AM »
There is a huge hole in the first pizza, and then they go on to slide the cheese over it to cover the hole..
pizza, pizza, pizza

Offline Matthew

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 10:48:22 AM »
There is a huge hole in the first pizza, and then they go on to slide the cheese over it to cover the hole..

Ya, I saw that. :o  Personally, I would of edited that out.

Matt

Offline SELES

• I design stuff.
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 04:42:49 PM »
My wife and went out there a few months ago (must have been just after opening) and it was a great experience. The pies were great and they took me into the back showed me their ovens and how they made the pies and even sent me home with some flour. It was fun!

Offline David

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 04:57:27 PM »
I see they use San Felice (Like Brandi and Del Presidente in Naples ) though I suspect that is due to the influence of Ernesto Cacialli (who just recently passed away btw) more than anything else .

Offline Matthew

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 06:09:25 PM »
I see they use San Felice (Like Brandi and Del Presidente in Naples ) though I suspect that is due to the influence of Ernesto Cacialli (who just recently passed away btw) more than anything else .

One of the all time greats if not the greatest.  A huge loss to the pizza world & will be greatly missed.  I am going to Naples in March & was really looking forward to meeting him.  I have read quite a few articles written about his passing but none seem to mention how he died.

Matthew

Offline JimR

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 07:46:31 AM »
I was there last Wednesday. It was quite good. Just had a straight up margherita. They had two of the three ovens fired. Business was steady but not crowded or brisk, but it was early, around 5PM.

They need to get their beer/wine license. They do allow BYOB. I wish I had known all that in advance.