Author Topic: Bambino's and Gino's  (Read 5557 times)

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
Bambino's and Gino's
« on: February 28, 2005, 07:34:36 AM »
I have been lazy lately, So I have picked up some of my favorite pizzas that I can get here in Toledo, Ohio.

The first, Bambino's Pizza. When I want a good old pepperoni pizza I get one of these. Fast cheap and 100 yards from my back door! Always hot! :)

And then The Original Gino's pizza, A Toledo legend! It has been around since the 50's. I can still remember going there as a very young kid back in the early 70's. (sigh) For more info on them check out the URL on the box, Then click history.

When I want a taste of my childhood I go here!
The sauce,,, GOD THE SAUCE,,, So sweet and rich! I would hand over $500 bucks for the recipe.

If you ever come through Toledo you must pick up one or two of these pie's! They travel well too! My mom would always take two or three back to PA with her after her visits up here. :)

If you ever want to go, go to the one on Monroe&Central ave.  419 472-3567. ;)
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
Re: Bambino's and Gino's
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 07:37:29 AM »
The pictures:
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 07:38:15 AM »
More:

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 07:38:47 AM »
More:

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 07:40:42 AM »
Now the Gino's; A large and a small "Deluxe" (Pepperoni, Sausage, Green peppers and Onion's)

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 07:41:26 AM »
Oh God!!! The large  ;D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 07:57:05 AM by Trinity »

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 07:42:23 AM »
And the small Deluxe!!!  DROOL!!!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 07:56:24 AM by Trinity »

Offline PizMaster

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 07:42:05 AM »
Ginos looks like burnt crust Trinity
And darn thats alot of cheese
Is that double cheese?
Looks good though

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 10:39:14 AM »
 ::)

Yeah they got it just a tad well done. The bottom was fine, But that is the way it is they make it. All the crispy cheese around the edge with a very sweet sauce. No extra cheese ordered on that pie. Drool!!! :)

Welcome to PM.com!!! :)

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2005, 07:28:27 AM »
Here is another Gino's pizza, This one a tad less well done.

Pep, with green peppers. Drool :) :::

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2005, 07:42:07 AM »
I tried to make my own.
It was good, But the sauce... :(  I cannot copy it! (head to wall). ???

And the next time, I think I am gonna have to blend in some fresh cheese into the low moisture stuff.

Trin thinks........

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2005, 07:49:51 AM »
I think my mushroom looks closer,,, But I have to make a cheese blend. All fresh, and it melts to fast... All low moisture,,, Barely melts at all... lol

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2005, 08:08:04 AM »
Trin,

I think your pizzas  look great and you could have easily fooled me that they weren't Gino's pizzas :).

What was your recipe, and how did you bake your pizzas--in a pan or stone?

Peter

Offline pftaylor

• Life's Short. Get Wood Fired Up!
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2005, 09:45:44 AM »
Trinity,
I can clearly see why you like their pizzas so much. The char is very nice. Your home effort is close enough to take a break and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Well done.
Pizza Raquel is Simply Everything You’d Want.
www.wood-firedpizza.com

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 07:30:05 AM »
Trin,

I think your pizzas  look great and you could have easily fooled me that they weren't Gino's pizzas :).

What was your recipe, and how did you bake your pizzas--in a pan or stone?

Peter

Well I'll tell you, I don't make my crust from scratch,,, Yet, I just get these little pouches of mix made by Martha White. Add a half cup warm water and let it sit,,, As long as I feel like. Sometimes a hour,,, Sometimes a minute,,, Sometimes overnight.

As for the bake,,, I allways make "pan-pizza's". Oiled pan, And hands to spread the dough. Works real good.I can get it paper thin if I want.  I bake most of my pizza's @500 Deg's plus for about 5-10 minutes depending on the amount of toppings. I have noticed that useing a dark pan helps alot.

Sometimes I make my own sauce,,, Sometimes I don't.  I like to get Contadina four cheese, or BOBLI sauce if I don't make my own.

If you noticed, I make my gino's copys "edgeless" just like they do.

But I must admit I am going to have to try to make a NY-Style soon. But I don't have a stone or peal yet. Gimme time!!! ;D

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2005, 02:56:15 PM »
I got another Bambino's pizza... :)

The pic...   :)

File too large... Sigh...

I need 200 kb for my pic's...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 03:02:23 PM by Trinity »

pizzapan