Author Topic: King Authur "Sir Lancelot" ?  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Fred

• Sicilian Pizza Guy
King Authur "Sir Lancelot" ?
« on: February 28, 2005, 05:08:58 PM »
Hi,

Fred here (newbie). Could someone explain the "Sir Lancelot" factor. I went to the King Arthur's web site, but found no listing for the covetted "Sir Lancelot" flour (KASL). I was wondering if someone would explain what it is to me.

Thank you,

Fred

P.S. I went to the store and bought King Arthur's "White Whole Wheat Flour". Is this right? Thanks again.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 05:55:40 PM by Fred »

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: King Auther "Sir Lancelot" ?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 06:01:03 PM »
Fred,

Welcome to the forum.

You are right in that King Arthur doesn't make it easy to find their Sir Lancelot high-gluten flour. I went to their website the other day to reorder the flour and when I couldn't locate it quickly, I entered "Sir Lancelot" in the search box and got it that way. The other flour you mentioned, the white whole wheat flour, is not the one you are looking for. It is an entirely different flour.

The Sir Lancelot flour is a high-protein (14.2%), high-gluten flour that is especially popular for NY style pizza doughs. It has just about the highest protein content of any high-gluten flour and the specs are among the tightest in the industry (a technical guy at the company that mills the flour for King Arthur confirmed this for me). As with almost all KA flours, the KASL is of very high quality and difficult to match elsewhere. The drawback is that it is expensive to ship and, unfortunately, it is extremely rare to find at the retail level (I say extremely rare because fellow member Addicted was able to find it without having to order from King Arthur).

Peter

Online Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Re: King Authur "Sir Lancelot" ?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 06:17:25 PM »
This link will take you straight to the KASL page:

http://shop.bakerscatalogue.com/items/item3041.html
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Fred

• Sicilian Pizza Guy
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 12:52:12 AM »
Peter and Steve,

Thanks guys. This dough making is driving me crazy. I havn't ever been able to make a good dough. I am going to keep at it, till I perfect it.
This is by far the best info on the web.
Just wanted to let you know I am very greatful for your help. You da man. 8)

Your friend,

Fred

Offline pftaylor

• Life's Short. Get Wood Fired Up!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 07:40:35 AM »
Fred,
Welcome to the forum. If you think we're helpful now wait until you get into the ditch with your new shipment of KASL. Most of these guys are absolute pros who will gladly pull you out of trouble.
Pizza Raquel is Simply Everything You’d Want.
www.wood-firedpizza.com

pizzapan