Author Topic: salinos importing (reading pa)  (Read 277 times)

Offline Coon88

• I Love Pizza!
salinos importing (reading pa)
« on: October 06, 2014, 09:12:26 PM »
Fyi salinos in reading will sell to the public, I picked these up today when I was working in the area...live in Harrisburg and I can't find a place with 6 in 1. Just make sure you go to the one on 9th, the one on elm does not have these. Salinosimporting.com

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
Re: salinos importing (reading pa)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 10:15:24 PM »
That's where I go. Cash only, though.
The Country Brand mozzarella is pretty darn good. Part skim in the cooler but they have whole milk if you ask for it. Dan is a  heck of a nice guy. Too bad he's moving to Florida soon.

Offline Coon88

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 10:30:10 PM »
Yeah, I get my friend to get me buffalo part skim and whole milk when I need, last time it was 3 something a pound. That place was nice, I'm in reading every other month so that was a great find, cheaper then getting cans at giant.

Offline gfgman

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 11:23:55 AM »
I don't get over that way as much anymore, but I clearly need to.  I definitely want to try the Flotta.  Do they carry tomato magic?  That's aother on my list to try. 
Are those cans the grocery store size, or the jumbo size?
You are right that there is not much in the Harrisburg area.  I like the American SM's especially for a Margherita style, but they are pricey.  Rosa Foods has an imported crushed SM that is a much better price, but I can only find them in eastern PA or NJ.  I've had no luck finding anything around here other than the pricey SM's.   

Offline Coon88

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 09:47:42 PM »
I don't get over that way as much anymore, but I clearly need to.  I definitely want to try the Flotta.  Do they carry tomato magic?  That's aother on my list to try. 
Are those cans the grocery store size, or the jumbo size?
You are right that there is not much in the Harrisburg area.  I like the American SM's especially for a Margherita style, but they are pricey.  Rosa Foods has an imported crushed SM that is a much better price, but I can only find them in eastern PA or NJ.  I've had no luck finding anything around here other than the pricey SM's.   

Not sure if they do or not, first went to the one on elm the retail and asked for 6 in 1 and she sent me down the road, so I did not look around that store much. As for the warehouse I was in and out so fast just grabbed the cans and left, my next visit I will spend more time looking, but I get cheese and flour from a friend in camp hill who owns a pizza place when I need it he just adds to order.

The cans were the big ones number 10 so 5 bucks is a great cash and carry price in my opinion

Offline Coon88

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 10:31:45 AM »
I don't get over that way as much anymore, but I clearly need to.  I definitely want to try the Flotta.  Do they carry tomato magic? 

I did not see tomato magic, but you can call and ask or if you get a chance to go ask because they got a lot more items in the back.

pizzapan