Author Topic: Converting an inhome brick BBQ to a Pizza oven.  (Read 2929 times)

Offline manfrema

Converting an inhome brick BBQ to a Pizza oven.
« on: August 13, 2010, 09:42:28 PM »
I have a waist high brick BBQ in my house.  It works fine as a waist high fire place but would like to convert it to Pizza oven.  It is plumbed with gas but is not shaped well for an oven.  Has anyone done a conversion like this?  If so do you have any tips?  Thanks!

buceriasdon

Re: Converting an inhome brick BBQ to a Pizza oven.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 09:50:57 PM »
Could you post some pictures and the dimensions of your BBQ? Sounds like an interesting project.
Don

I have a waist high brick BBQ in my house.  It works fine as a waist high fire place but would like to convert it to Pizza oven.  It is plumbed with gas but is not shaped well for an oven.  Has anyone done a conversion like this?  If so do you have any tips?  Thanks!

Offline manfrema

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 02:44:57 PM »
I will snap a few photos today but it is really just a picture of a fireplace... Pretty standard design...

Offline carbon

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 04:04:49 PM »
If you're thinking about going through the trouble of converting it, might as well use the brick bbq as the base, slab it, lay insulation layer, and build a whole new small brick oven on top.  It might even be less work going this route than trying to convert.

pizzapan