Author Topic: Why So Quick to Over Mixed/Kneaded  (Read 1256 times)

Offline rparker

• Pizza....good! No pizza.... Bad!!!!
Re: Why So Quick to Over Mixed/Kneaded
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2015, 09:56:19 PM »
I had similar fears when i started working with my first AT doughs and i think that my problem was actually under-developed gluten because of insufficient kneading. I was using the same mixer set with just 5-6 min of kneading with the j-hook. The skins just wouldn't open and the pizza suffered.

I decided to blame the J-hook and upgraded to the ProKA with a proper spiral hook and started kneading for the recommended 10+ min and everything came together. The balls open right up, as thin as i could wish for, and shaking head delicious.
I couldn't find an s-hook for mine. The actual action on mine is quite violent or very, very fast. It's like that Scrambler ride at the county fairs 8 jillion years ago. The big mixer in the 3-part lehmann video looks like some sort of slow motion machine. I've had a good run of workable doughs with easy to chew crusts, and my .15% IDY batch in the fridge is not rising too fast. Hopefully...... I should know tomorrow.

(edited on 1/23/2015 to change IDY error from ".015%" to ".15%". )
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 02:04:29 PM by rparker »
Maybe they should just make white T-shirts with pizza juice stains already on them.

pizzapan