Author Topic: Pizza dough press  (Read 13432 times)

Offline PizzaBrewer

• Supporting Member
  • Location: Relocating my brewpub/pizzeria within NE Pennsylvania...
  • Seasoned pro Brewer, intermediate pro Pizzamaker
Pizza dough press
« on: March 01, 2005, 09:29:51 AM »
A friend of mine bought a device on eBay that presses out a uniform pizza crust (9 or 10 inches  I think).   During the pressing process it par-cooks the crust.

I  can't imagine this is a good thing but I haven't tried  it out yet.  Anyone have  any  experience/comments on this thing?

Thanks!

---Guy
Man does not live by bread alone.  There's also tomato, cheese and pepperoni.

Offline jeancarlo

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza dough press
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 01:33:52 AM »
I've seen them in Price Costco, they are used in the pizza shop they have. I'm planning on buying one for my pizza restaurant. It'll be a lot of help to make faster pizza.

Offline bigriver

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 11:07:32 AM »
I used one at the bar and grill I worked at in College.  We used frozen dough balls.  The process sounds terrible but the pizzas always came out tasting awesome. 
1. retreive frozen dough ball from freezer. 
2. microwave doughball for 6:00mins 
3. cover in olive oil 
4. smash the dough ball down with the heated dough press. 

Offline JEMiNO

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 02:36:47 PM »
How much does this machine cost? Any good bargain place to buy them from?

Offline membrane

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 12:48:39 AM »
I bought a Dough Pro a few months ago on Craigslist for only $170, these usually go for over $1000.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to be able to press my dough without it getting stuck to the plates.  I've tried using a few different cooking sprays with no luck so far.  Any suggestions?

Offline tdeane

• Pizzeria Barbarella
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 01:36:57 AM »
Oh no! :'(

Offline s00da

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 03:05:16 AM »
May God have mercy on your pizzas  :(

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 07:19:35 AM »
I bought a Dough Pro a few months ago on Craigslist for only $170, these usually go for over $1000.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to be able to press my dough without it getting stuck to the plates.  I've tried using a few different cooking sprays with no luck so far.  Any suggestions?

membrane,

See Tom Lehmann's post (and other related posts) at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewtopic.php?p=20461#20461. If the problem persists, you might want to register at the PMQ Think Tank forum and post your questions there where pizza operators who also have dough presses might see them. You can also address your questions specifically to Tom Lehmann by including his name in the topic line. For an article by Tom Lehmann in which he discusses dough presses (and other dough forming methods), see http://pmq.com/mag/2002summer/doughformer.shtml.

Peter

EDIT (1/25/13): Since the above link to the Lehmann PMQ article is no longer operative, see the Wayback Machine link to the same article at http://web.archive.org/web/20100626072731/http://www.pmq.com/mag/2002summer/doughformer.shtml

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 05:19:44 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline JustAskBlake

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 01:10:53 PM »
I bought a Dough Pro a few months ago on Craigslist for only $170, these usually go for over $1000.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to be able to press my dough without it getting stuck to the plates.  I've tried using a few different cooking sprays with no luck so far.  Any suggestions?

Try using a release spray on the bottom plate and over your dough ball.  Doughpro sells their own spray as well.  Don't use loose flour on the dough press.

Offline Texaswomyn

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 01:20:29 AM »
This may be a very ignorant suggestion as I am not the least knowledgeable about this, but. . .  could you press the dough between sheets of parchment paper?

pizzapan